Friday, May 27, 2011

When Cell Phones Attack!




I want to dedicate this post to something that has recently happened to me and caused a rather substantial inconvenience in my life of technological devices. My Trusty (or not so trusty) Blackberry has caught a virus!

We are in an era when our smart phones have become like attachments at the ends of our limbs, always connected, always clicking away at the keys. We rely and store imperative information into our cell phones these days but what happens when they turn against us? Phones are like any other technological devices, they can go down without a moments warning and disrupt life as we know it.  You would think that buying a $400 dollar cell phone would give you the right to some advice and protective services for you phone, well it doesn’t!  And for those who are not technologically savvy you might not even be aware that cell viruses can occur.

From the little research I have done  pertaining to cell phone viruses, they are not very common or easy to catch...if that’s so then I must be one of the unlucky few who took a wrong turn on our world wide web of information. I love my blackberry or as some refer to it for its tendency to become addictive “crackberry” and I, like many others use it for business as well as pleasure and have tons of information, personal and otherwise stored on my device. I rarely use my cell to leisurely surf the web, mostly it’s utilized for looking up information quickly. Today my cell caught a virus. Out of the blue my device seemingly began operating itself, web pages were being opened, text messages and picture messages were being sent to my contacts, and people were being called randomly from my phone book, it was like my phone was possessed and I had lost all control.

I hastily took my phone to my provider and he took one look and told me that it was a virus and a bad one at that. He also told me that I was going to have to send it in for repairs and that I would lose all my settings and information.
After weeks of having to wait for my phone to return I will then have to spend the time configuring and re programming and I will not get back any of my important information.

After the initial shock and disappointment, I decided to let people know what happened to me in hopes of preventing this from happening to anyone else.

Make sure that when you buy your cell phone you ask about warranty and keep your receipt for future repairs. You can also check to see if there are any programs that will protect your phone and check for viruses and most importantly back up all your important information in case your cell shuts down on you unexpectedly.

Take the necessary steps to help prevent this, it isn’t worth the hassle.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...