On another interesting food adventure inspired by my many foodie boards on Pinterest the girls and I had a dinner party this weekend and made delicious zucchini fritters followed by chicken enchilada and chocolate cake! We added a little zing to the recipe and made it our own but these golden goodies are too scrumptious and healthy not to share!
Here’s how to make them!
- Shred 5-6 zucchinis leaving a bit of skin on for color.
- Dry the shredded zucchini thoroughly using paper towels, cheese cloth or a dish towel.
The original recipe called for marinating the zucchini in salt for 10 mins but this wasn't really necessary nor did it draw out any water. You may also want to try a salad spinner to hurry things along.
-Place shredded zucchini in a bowl and toss with:
*2 cloves of garlic (minced)
* ¼ cup of all-purpose flour
* ¼ cup of grated cheese- we used Kraft shredded Tex Mex Mix and crumbled in some goat cheese but you can use Parmesan if you prefer.
* 1 egg (beaten)
* Black pepper and salt to taste
* Finely chopped cilantro and green onion, this created the zing I spoke of earlier.
-Heat olive oil in a non-stick skillet/ pan over medium heat.
- Scoop the batter into balls or hand-roll which was quicker.
-Add to pan and flatten balls using a spoon or spatula.
-Cook until golden brown on both sides and serve immediately.
These taste great with a dollop of sour cream!
If you would like to try the original recipe you can find it by clicking HERE.