Monday, August 22, 2016

Loreal Pure-Clay Mask Review

Monday is not usually a day we look forward to as another hectic week looms ahead but I’m in a good mood because L’Oreal has recently launched a new skincare collection! Sunday is when I pamper my skin, so yesterday I slathered on one of these clay masks, grabbed a book and relaxed as the summer breeze wafted through my bedroom window.


There are three masks in this collection and each contains three key ingredients sourced from regions around the world. Kaolinite (found in kaolin clay) is known for its absorbent properties and helps rid the skin of impurities, build-up and excess shine without stripping away too much natural oil. Montmorillonite (derived from igneous rock) purifies and rebalances while Rhassoul volcanic clay from Morocco removes toxins and dead cells to soften and smooth.


In addition to these nourishing minerals, each mask is enhanced with an ingredient selected for a specific skin concern. The terracotta colored clay (infused with red algae) exfoliates, diminishes imperfections and addresses clogged, enlarged pores by polishing, cleansing tightening and refining.


The grey mask purifies and mattifies with a calming blend of eucalyptus. It works by absorbing impurities, unclogging pores and eradicating excess shine and oil.


The black mask (my personal fave), uses potent charcoal to brighten, revive and even out dull skin. This formula acts like a detoxifying magnet to draw out dust, dirt, pollutants and makeup for a fresh, healthy complexion.


All of these deep cleansing masks have a pleasant aroma and efficiently eliminate blemish causing gunk that can also lead to acne. The creamy, lush formulas are easy to apply and they coat well for optimum results. The treatments only take ten minutes but if the clay dries out before then, I simply spritz my face with water from a spray bottle to remoisten.


Like many clay masks, these also make my face feel tight and stiff as they dry and suck out impurities but after rinsing my skin is soft, supple, clean and rejuvenated which is totally worth a little discomfort. I recommend following up with a good moisturizer and not using the masks after exfoliating, microdermabrasion or resurfacing as it can sting. Overall these make great weekly treatments!

The masks retail for $19.99 each and you can find them at drugstores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...