Wednesday, February 19, 2014

NEW Garnier Fructis Damage Eraser Hair Care


Recently I was selected by Influenster to be a part of the review process and launch for L’oreal’s new hair care line. I am very familiar with L’oreal's hair products; in fact my favorite shampoo is from the L’oreal Evercerme sulfate free line.


Mystery Box Testing
In week one I received a mystery box with sample bottles labelled shampoo, conditioner and split end serum but I was given no indication of what the line was called, or what the scents and ingredients were. I tested the products for one week with the exception of the shampoo.

In week two I received a box of full sized products and I finally got to see what I had been using! Garnier Fructis is a line I had used before with mixed results.

Whats New
The products in the Damage Eraser line are targeted at strengthening “distressed, damaged hair.” They all contain an ingredient called cupuacu butter which is an emollient butter that promotes smoothness, softness and boosts the recovery of natural moisture and elasticity. It is very beneficial for dry hair because it helps promote long lasting moisture. (Source http://cupuacubutter.com/ )

My Results

* Damage Eraser Fortifying Conditioner
When it comes to keeping my hair moisturized conditioners are essential. The first time I used this conditioner I liked the smell right away! Like most Garnier Fructis products it smells very fruity and sweet. As I used the conditioner in the first week I knew it was a product that I would repurchase. The thick creamy formula was great at coating my hair and detangling my curls. It left my hair feeling slippery soft and smooth.

The conditioner is meant to “reconstruct and preserve strength, for hair that looks rejuvenated.” It contains phyto-keratin, botanical extracts and protein.


*Damage Eraser Fortifying Shampoo
The shampoo is also meant to reconstruct and preserve the strength of hair but because it contains sodium laureth sulfate and sodium lauryl sulfate I did not use it. (Sulfates are detergents found in most shampoos that can strip the hair’s natural oils and leave it  dry and brittle). 

*Damage Eraser Split-End Bandage
I do get split-ends no matter how healthy or moisturized my hair is. I have very long hair which means that my ends have been around for a while and they tend to be the hardest to maintain. Once the hair splits there is nothing that can repair it besides snipping off the end with professional shears. Using split end serums is a temporary fix that can bind the hair and improve its appearance. This treatment is also meant to help reduce split-ends, which is possible with the the right care.


I applied the serum to damp hair after shampooing and conditioning. I like the smell of this product but the reduction and improvement of split ends cannot be measured in a mere week so I will have to keep at it. 

The serum was easy to disperse through my hair; it was lightweight and did not leave behind any residue. It also worked well with my other leave-in products and left my hair smelling wonderful!

* Damage Eraser Strength Reconstructing Butter
I love a good reconstructing treatment. This conditioner is a thick creamy hair butter that you are instructed to apply from root to tip for 3-5 minutes after shampooing. Applying conditioner to the roots is not usually necessary and for oily hair types conditioner should be applied from ear to ends. I don't think 3-5 mins is long enough for a conditioner to really penetrate and go to work so I decided to use it as a deep treatment and I left it on for a full 30 minutes instead.


To me this was the strongest smelling product in the line. The scent is intensely, sweet and fruity which is fine with me because I don't mind highly scented products. It did make my hair feel soft and moisturized after use and I didn't have to use very much. It was also great for detangling.

Overall my favorite thing about this line is the new addition of capuacu butter and the thick great smelling conditioners. 

13 comments:

  1. I love the sound of the conditioner, it seems really nourishing and lovely :o) Xx

    Makeup by Candlelight

    ReplyDelete
  2. the conditioner sounds great. and I always love the scent of garnier fructis products.
    -- jackie - jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's really interesting that they did a mystery box program! I'll have to try this line of products soon. Right now my favorite part of the garnier line are the sleek and shine products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an AWESOME Influenster Vox Box to be part of! These products have caught my eye in the drugstore, especially the damage erasing butter. Will have to try that out sometime!

    xo Brianna | Glazed Over

    ReplyDelete
  5. They all sound like interesting hair care products!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh fructis have a new rane of shampoos, thanks for sharin ng I will have to give them a go. I love their regular shampoo!!

    Lovely post I really enjoyed reading it. I am just like you when it comes to skincare, I find with the more expencive products you see much better results than with cheaper ones. Love my Clarins oil too, made a real difference in my skin!!

    http://allaboutevesbeauty.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  7. Seems like a great product.. loved the packaging too..
    Do chk out my last post..
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/02/patanjali-aloe-vera-kanti-body-cleanser.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. You have a awesome blog dear ! Well reviewed ...have never tried this product but looks great
    xoxo
    http://beautyndbest.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I tried the conditioner for a week and it had been 4 days since I last used it and my hair is still greasey and oily looking. It is soft and no tangles but I would not recommend using it for long periods of time. Like I said it's been 4 days since I've used it and my hair just now starting to look healthy again I have shampoo my hair every day without the conditioner..... For anyone wanting to try it first try it every other day starting out and see how that works for ya.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, everyone should test out any products they are trying for the first time to see how it works for them. This conditioner will produce different results for different people and different hair types as will any product. My hair tends to get dry so I need a lot of moisture. Leaving conditioner in my hair for long periods of time works well for me but you should do whatever works for your hair type.

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...