Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Stila Eyes Are The Window Eye Shadow Palette Review & Swatches

When it comes to high quality pigment and stunning variety, Stila is way up there on my list of faves. I Know I’ve reviewed the popular Eyes Are The Window Palette before in the Spirit Collection but this time I’m warming things up for fall and transitioning from cool tones to warm, sultry hues.


This color collection is called Mind and along with a row of basic neutrals for transitioning, creating a base, blending and highlighting, it also has two rows of warm, rich shadows perfect for the season! The contrast of light and dark tones is always appealing and although I would have liked a few gold, copper, garnet or silvery hues for the lids, the palette has most of what I need to create the perfect day looks and deeper effects for a night out.


The middle row contains a selection of cream, grey and orange which I like using in the crease and blending with browns. The last row consists of rich, crease enhancing shades like black, deep burgundy, mocha and caramel which expertly deepen, shape and sculpt.


The texture of the shadow is smooth and easy enough to blend but a little more creaminess in the powder formulation would have made them even better! I am able to achieve a beautiful gradient and a nice level of smokiness for bold, eye-catching creations.

All of the shadows in this palette are matte so combined with the shades from the Spirit Palette (in the photo below) I have a beautiful selection to work with. (Review & swatches of this palette can be found HERE).


As mentioned I don’t think this range has quite enough options for the lids but the pigmentation is good so you can layer and intensify for more saturation. I highly recommend a good primer to really enhance the color but overall I have no issue with creasing or fading and I think these shades are suitable for all complexions. As you start mixing and matching, the combinations you can create are stunning and the darker shades pair beautifully with shimmers and glitter for textural versatility.



If you are looking for a nice range of essential shades for professional results this palette is a great option. It retails for $59.00 at Sephora.

1 comment:

  1. I meant to purchase the stila palettes, but never got a chance too. Love the gold packaging and the shades in this one. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...