Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Make Up For Ever Matte Velvet Skin Full Coverage Foundation Review

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I have difficulty finding foundation that matches my skin tone. At times I feel like throwing in the towel and accepting the fact that Ooompa Loopa orange or unnatural red will be a part of my life. When you have tanned skin in the medium range, many options are either too light or too deep and the spectrum in-between can be a long road of trial and error (mostly error).

Two brands I can always rely on without having to mix and match like a chemist is MAC (Studio Fix) and Make Up For Ever HD Foundation. These products have been my ride-or-die for years so when MUFE released a new formula I jumped on the bandwagon right away.

Matte Velvet Skin is described as “the new generation of liquid foundation” with serious full coverage that keeps shine in-check. Say goodbye to greasiness and hello to flawless skin that looks air brushed, fresh and healthy!


The rich liquid is oil-free and blends effortlessly with buildable coverage. It also camouflages blemishes and pigmentation issues to create a smooth, even canvass without clogging pores. If you don't have much to cover, it eliminates the need for concealer and I use it to mask dark under eye circles with no caking or creasing. It also works wonders on acne scars.

The tube is quite small for $48.00 (30 ml / 1.01 fl. oz) but it takes very little product to cover my entire face and the texture is lightweight, non-drying and comfortable.

Sometimes matte foundation can feel tight and restricting but thanks to a unique FLEXI-FIT mesh complex, the breathable liquid adapts to facial movement and resists cracking. I put it to the test at the Toronto International Film Festival - attending late night parties, press events and red carpet galas. Admittedly there was sweat, fatigue and improper skincare, but Matte Velvet held up all day (true to its 24 hr claim) with minimal transfer and no blotchiness, melting or fading. At the end of a hectic weekend, my makeup looked great and removal was a piece of cake.

The foundation is available in 40 shades so everyone can find a suitable match including me! I chose the same color as my HD foundation (Y445) and it works like a charm! No weird undertones, no oxidizing in sunlight and no irritation - just beautiful skin with a radiant glow. The scent isn't my favorite but it becomes less noticeable with wear.


If you suffer from dry skin and worry that matte foundation may appear flaky and rough, fear not. This formula adapts to your body chemistry without depleting essential moisture.

The MUFE Large Foundation Brush ($43.00) has soft, sturdy bristles that flex around the facial contour for seamless blending and precise, streak-free application. 

Make Up For Ever is available at Sephora and online sephora.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...