Friday, April 26, 2019

NYX Glitter Goals Liquid Lipstick | Review & Swatches

It’s Friday afternoon, I’m in a good mood and last night I actually got 8 hours of sleep (hallelujah!). I’m ready for an evening out on the town – maybe a little jazz at a cozy club and a delicious meal with my hubby at one of Toronto’s trendy eateries.

If you’re bored of office appropriate nudes, why not spice up your look with a little sparkle? The NYX Glitter Goals Liquid Lipstick ($12.00) is bold, bright and metallic – think Halloween night meets disco ball chic.


Like most NYX lippies, these are quite easy to apply. The thick cream glides on full-coverage with an even distribution of brilliant glitter. 

The bright pink (Reflector) is my favorite shade and seems to have the highest shimmer concentration. I have no idea what to do with the charcoal grey (Alienated) but if I ever go to a heavy metal concert, I’ll probably fit right in. The orange and red hues are more subdued but the finish is still intense. These are definitely not everyday lip colors but they do look mesmerizing.


My main issue with the formula is the annoying mess! By the end of the day, glitter particles are scattered around my face and some even end up in my mouth (note to self: remember not to lick your lips with this stuff on). Reapplying is no easy feat but when the color dries it lasts much longer, just make sure to let it set.

If I’m attending an awesome party where I don’t expect to eat or drink, these are fine but once you consume greasy food, everything slides right off and then it’s glitter palooza! The texture is okay, but don’t expect lots of moisture.


As someone who is usually too lazy to use lip liner, I had much better luck with the Line & Load Lippies ($9.00). The ultra thin applicator is designed to create killer definition and if you’re really creative, try some lip art or mix and match your favorite shades for a gorgeous ombre effect.

It usually takes a few dips to pick up enough pigment for complete coverage but I love the creamy matte color and filling in my lips takes just a few seconds. There may be some transfer and bleeding (especially during meals) but the lightweight finish is quite comfortable and doesn’t leave my skin feeling parched.


The classic red (Biker Babe) is my jam but I’m not really into the nude shade (Never Listen). It looks like foundation and completely washes me out.

You can't really see the glitter in the swatches below but rest assure that you'll be getting a lot of glitz.

NYX is available at drugstores, freestanding NYX stores and online at nyxcosmetics.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...