Sunday, December 8, 2019

Aurora Winter Festival Toronto

A lot of people don’t like surprises but I love them! Last week my husband planned a surprise date and the only clue he gave me was - “dress warm and wear comfy shoes.”

We had dinner on the Lakeshore at one of my favorite Lebanese restaurants before heading to the Aurora Winter Festival at Ontario Place. I’m the only one in my family who likes cold weather so my husband knew this would be right up my alley.

Since I recently wrote an article listing 10 indoor winter activities, I thought it would be fun to share photos depicting how enchanting the holiday season can be if you don’t mind the windchill.

Even from a distance, the Aurora lights look spectacular! Designers did a fabulous job creating a colorful winter wonderland.


Ticket prices online are $17.99 for adults but we paid $24.00 at the gate so book in advance. Admission for kids and seniors is $12.99, family passes start at $49.99 and parking at Ontario Place is $15.00.


The entrance to the festival set the tone for everything we saw. It was a spectacular tunnel of lights that looked like a magical gateway to Santa’s workshop.


There are maps to help guide you but the attractions are contained within a small walkable area.



Mystical Worlds was my favorite display. The glowing gardens are filled with odd interstellar flowers, rows of multi-colored trees, Candy Cane Lane with a cute gingerbread house and fake fluttering snow.


In Arctic Retreat you can visit the friendly Yeti's cave, stroll through a whimsical forest or snap a selfie with the Ice Princess.


If you want a little more exercise, there is a frozen pond with skate rentals near the snack bar.


Toward the giant Christmas tree you will find a cozy fire pit, hot cocoa stall and small market selling crafts, cocktails, beer, clothing and snacks.


There is also a small fair with rides, a Tube Park and food trucks with a warm indoor lounge to eat and relax.

Take a photo with Santa at the North Pole, enjoy story time or get crafty. There is something for everyone.

For more information visit aurorawinterfestival.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...