Friday, March 6, 2020

Anastasia Beverly Hills X Jackie Aina Eyeshadow Palette | Review and Swatches

I did it guys! I actually bought an eyeshadow palette. As an Editor and Blogger who reviews and markets beauty products I don’t have to buy makeup.

The last palette I purchased (before my blog became lucrative) was at a Sephora in Las Vegas over 7 years ago. Since then I’ve been working with over 350 amazing brands and traveling the world. 

When the Limited-Edition Jackie Aina Palette went on sale for $42.00 (down from $60.00) I decided to see what all the hype was about. It quickly became a bestseller at Sephora with a 5 star rating.


Jackie formulated each shadow and undertone to compliment medium, olive, tan, golden and deep complexions so women of color have a gorgeous selection of skin enhancing pigments to work with. They also look amazing on fair complexions.


The closest dupe to ABH eyeshadow (in terms of shade selection, formula and popularity) is probably Huda Beauty but after testing the Dessert Dusk Palette ($85.00) I think ABH pigments are better quality. Huda’s mattes in this palette are bit dry and the shimmers are a tad flaky. The color scheme is similar but I expected more. 


The shades that caught my eye in this palette are Wiggalese (pink coppery garnet), Zam (bright foil gold), Pinker (deep pink-purple) and the sultry purples. These particular colors are vibrant, versatile and bold so I use them all the time. I really hope Jackie releases Wiggalese as a single shadow because I’m obsessed!


The matte hues are rich, buttery and ultra smooth with no ashiness. They blend effortlessly and fade beautifully so you get amazing contrast and definition. The shimmers are fantastic too. They glide on highly pigmented, velvety and dramatic with minimal fallout and impressive vibrancy. You don’t have to layer heavily and there is no creasing or fading.


A good base is recommended to keep the metallic hues in place and prolong wear but primer isn’t really necessary to showcase the incredible saturation. Most of the shadows apply full-coverage in a single swipe whether you use a brush or simply pat them on with your finger.

I love the pink and purple undertones but I wish there was a matte burgundy or deep brick red to tie everything together. Although Jackie worked hard to perfect the shimmery purple, I prefer something a bit brighter - the violet version of Wiggalese perhaps, maybe a royal purple with less silver.


The inclusion of Supreme (bright pink) was Norvina's suggestion and although I like the color, a deep dusty rose might have been a better choice.

I'd also replaced Dwollahs with something more unique (since the other gold is nicer) and I'm not crazy about Trust Issues. The icy white shows up as a pretty lime green-gold but it isn't a shade I wear frequently. 

I have a lot of great palettes in my collection but when it comes to color payoff, longevity and texture, Jackie’s formula with ABH takes the cake. This is the compact I will be traveling with to create stunning looks for all occasions and I'm pretty sure it will become your favorite too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...