Peanut butter and chocolate is one of my favorite flavor combinations and these delicious bites are easy to make.
* Chocolate - I used President’s Choice Decadent Semi-Sweet Dark Chocolate Chips but you can also use milk chocolate.
* Smooth peanut butter or your favorite nut butter.
* 3 Bananas - ripe but still firm.
* 2 Teaspoons coconut oil or 1 teaspoon of shortening so the chocolate is smooth and easy to work with. Without using one of these ingredients the chocolate becomes stiff and thick.
1. Cut bananas into 0.7 cm slices.
2. Smooth a heaping amount of peanut butter on a banana slice and top with another slice to make a little sandwich. Place bites on a baking sheet or plate lined with parchment paper.
Do this with all the banana slices.
3. Freeze for at least 3-5 hours. I left mine in overnight.
4. Melt the chocolate in a microwave-safe bowl along with the coconut oil or shortening.
Microwave in 30 second intervals and stir each time. Keep a close eye on the chocolate so it doesn’t burn.
5. Take 3 or 4 bites out of the freezer and dip them in the melted chocolate one by one using two forks. Roll them to cover all sides and place on a plate lined with parchment paper.
Do not take all the bites out at the same time or the banana will get mushy.
Do this until all your sandwiches are well coated. You might have to reheat the chocolate a few times if it starts to harden and use more coconut oil or shortening if necessary.
6. Place the bites in the freezer until they set and then transfer them to a container with a lid. Keep frozen until dessert time.
I usually take the bites out of the freezer 5 minutes before eating them so the banana is not too solid. This delicious low calorie treat will definitely satisfy your sweet tooth.
Stay tuned for more great recipes and don’t forget to follow me on social: