Wednesday, June 15, 2016

NYX Ultimate Shadow Palette & Pro Lip Cream Review

When NYX launches new products, beauty junkies seem to go stir crazy with anticipation and while tackling long, leg cramping lines at Gen Beauty last month, I got a glimpse of the new releases. With a name like “Ultimate Shadow Palette,” you just know it’s going to be good and the range of color goes from one end of the spectrum to the next including: smokey hues, cool neutrals, warm neutrals and then a mega jump to vivacious neons! I don’t know what happened to the shades between subtle and shockingly bright but there are enough amazing pigments and rainbow shadows in this collection to keep you entertained for the entire year!


I got the Smokey & Highlight Palette because it contains 16 flattering shades that never really go out of style - colors that many of us wear on a daily basis like silver, champagne, gold, cream and merlot. It also contains deep, rich hues that I couldn’t resist - seductive wine, shimmery grey, navy and even a frosty green. These pigments were formulated to be pro-level and high performance so the colors show up as vivid and flattering as you’d expect them to. While playing around with the palette, I noticed that I didn’t really need a primer to enhance the colors, they apply full-coverage with buildable intensity and a smooth, blendable texture.


I like that NYX fit so many great shades into one compact without it being large, bulky or heavy. The palette includes all the colors I need to complete my looks without having to search my vanity for transition shades, base or highlight. The texture is silky, soft and slightly creamy with long wear color that doesn’t fade or crease. There is also a decent range of finishes from shimmer, metallic, glitter and matte to create eye-catching contrast and dimension. The palette retails for $20.00 and I can’t wait to get my hands on the flashy bright shadows that are already sold-out online.



I’ve already reviewed The Reds Pro Lip Cream Palette but since then I got two new color collections! The Plums have more of a fall/winter vibe but I couldn’t resist the rich, scintillating shades. The hues range from blackberry-plum for a vampy effect to rich mid tone purples with a wine tinge, bold mauve and a purple-pink combo that I can’t get enough of!


The pink palette is fresher, brighter and more suitable for the season. It includes an orange-pink, light baby pink, 2 nude pinks, a coral and a mid tone fuchsia. The lightest hue is not one I’d normally go for because the undertone is a bit white but you can mix and match to create custom colors so it is still useable.



The pigmentation varies by shade, some creams are medium to full coverage while others are sheer and subtle but you can layer for more intensity as I have done in the swatches above. The palettes don’t come with a mirror or a lip brush so you can use a finger or bring an applicator with you for touch-ups on the go. Although the consistency is quite creamy and easy to work with, you do have to close the palettes properly to prevent the creams from drying out. Other than that I think the color selection is fabulous...in fact you might end up getting the whole collection! (The lip palettes retail for $20.00 each).

The Ombre Blush in the shade Sweet Spring just screams fun in the sun! It is bright, cheerful and vibrant for a beautiful flush that instantly revives dull complexions. In the photo it is a bit difficult to see the ombre effect but there are 3 different shades of pink - coral, mid toned pink and light Barbie pink. You can try to isolate the color you desire or just swirl your brush over all three and blend away. The finish is very matte with no creaminess whatsoever and the texture is bit dry although it doesn’t flake or cake. There is no shimmer which I like and the pigment can be enhanced from sheer to bright but I don’t recommend overdoing it with the blush. The Ombre Collection includes gorgeous combinations of warm sunset hues, pretty purples and even some bronzy nudes. They retail for just $10.00 each.


You can find NYX at drugstores nationwide, Sephora and online by clicking HERE

1 comment:

  1. Big Yay, for the NYX eyeshadow palette. Love the shades in there.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...