Thursday, January 5, 2017

NEW Urban Decay Store & Makeup: Naked 3 Palette Review

Before Christmas, when the malls were bustling with shoppers scrambling to find last-minute gifts, I attended a private party to celebrate the opening of Urban Decay’s new flagship store in Square One Shopping Center. When one of your favorite brand’s gets a beautiful new store jam-packed with gorgeous makeup it’s a pretty big deal and that night I chatted with friends and sipped cocktails while checking out the limited edition collections and exclusive items!


In true Urban Decay style the purple carpet was rolled out as beauty gurus and press strolled in with glittery eyelids and edgy lipstick.


I received a shiny new Naked 3 Palette (which I didn’t have) and got it personalized with graffiti style paint.



I know this fan favorite has been around for awhile but since it is a new addition to my Naked Palette collection I decided to do a quick review.

At first glance these shades appear mild and quite neutral but once applied the colors are fresh, luminous and very trendy! With the exception of a deep matte brown (which would have been a nice addition) these brilliant hues are perfect for everyday wear and glamorous events of all kind. One end of the palette contains silvery pinks, vibrant gold, rosy-champagne, and creamy mattes while the other end is a tad darker with bronzy tones, deep silver and a smokey black embedded with dazzling red sparkle.


For the most part the texture is smooth and silky but the shade Dust is flaky and a bit gritty so it doesn't apply as consistently. The pigmentation throughout is soft and nicely saturated with the ability to be intensified and blended well. I also think these particular colors are ideal for most complexions.

I like to enhance the shimmers by patting them on instead of swiping and the effect makes my eyes appear bright, bold and beautiful! I would have liked a bit more variation among the matte hues for more sculpting but overall this is a great palette to have in your collection. It retails for $66.00.



At the event I also received a few Moondust Eye Shadows which I am very familiar with. These babies are not for glitter haters, they are bold, high-impact and kind of out-there (but in a good way). I highly recommend using a base so that the particles adhere well, apply consistently and stay put. The pigments start off with sheer to medium coverage (especially the silver hue) but you can intensify them by simply layering the color and dampening the brush to pick up and transfer more glitter. The Moondust shadows retail for $22.00 each and you can read my review on the new Moondust Palette by clicking HERE.

From top left to bottom: Chem Trial, Crux, Interstellar and Vortex


When it comes to eye shadow base my all-time favorite is the Urban Decay Primer Potion. I have tried countless primers from many different brands and although there are a few decent options out there, this one has been my go-to product for about 10 years. This creamy formula intensifies all pigments (no matter which brand or formula) so they appear bold rich and saturated. It also prolongs wear so that my shadows last all day without fading even in heat and humidity. I’m not a fan of the packaging because it makes extracting the product difficult when it’s almost finished but no matter where I travel this primer goes with me. It retails for $26.00 and I just got a new tube online at beautybeauty.ca.


I like the Afterglow Blush but X-Rated is not a shade I’d choose for myself. The pale pink just doesn’t have the bold punch of color I usually prefer but it may be suitable for fair complexions. The blush retails for $32.00 and is available in 14 shades. 


I have quite a few eye shadow brushes from UD but this was my first experience with their face brush and I am very impressed! The cruelty-free, environmentally friendly large powder brush is definitely pro-quality and the bristles are soft, fluffy and well crafted which allows you to achieve a flawless finish. The larger surface also picks up and transfers the perfect amount of product and blends it effortlessly. It retails for $59.00.


If you haven’t read my previous review on the gorgeous Vice Lipsticks you can check it out by clicking HERE. My extensive collection gained two new hues over the holiday season – Jawbreaker (matte purple) and Ex-Girlfriend (nude-rose pink shimmer). There are 100 shades to choose from in a variety of finishes and textures. The lipsticks retail for $21.00 each.


I also received these glam, full-track lashes called Tricked Out. The hairs criss-cross for a natural, wispy look and the kit comes with glue for $20.00.


If you haven’t visited the new flagship store yet head on down to the mall! You can also find Urban Decay at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart, urbandecay.ca and beautyboutique.ca.

NEW UD Beauty Junkies Rewards Program! 

When you join the new UD Beauty Junkies Rewards Program every purchase made at urbandecay.ca or freestanding stores earns you points that are redeemable for special rewards! As points accumulate ($20 and $30 rewards) you can use them to buy the products you crave. Membership also includes special access to limited edition items, promotions, gifts and more! For program details click HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...