Monday, January 30, 2017

Lancôme Energie De Vie Skincare Review

Winter seems to be winding down but we are still in that awkward phase of seasonal transition where freak snowstorms can hit at any moment followed by on the onset of spring temperatures. Unpredictable weather can wreak havoc on the skin which is why I decided to enhance my daily routine and test out the Energie De Vie Collection from Lancôme.


The bright green packaging definitely reminds me of warm summer days and the range includes serums, lotion, a night mask, cream and cleanser to help revitalized dull, tired skin and boost vitality. The Smoothing & Plumping Pearly Lotion ($61.00) is infused with Goji Berry, Lemon Balm, Gentian (a flowering plant/herb) and illuminating pearls that refresh, energize and balance. At first I was a bit confused with the world “lotion” because the formula is a water based gel that absorbs quickly. I love how cooling it feels on parched skin and I notice immediate improvement in texture. Rough areas and pores appear smooth and my complexion is vibrant, healthy and glowing with no sticky residue. Although the lotion has an ultra lightweight texture, it still hydrates well and seeps in efficiently for long lasting dryness relief. If you have very dry skin you may need to layer it under a heavier moisturizer.


One issue I have with Lancôme bottles and packaging is the lack of directions, you may need to visit the website to learn how to use them. In the ingredient list I don’t recognize many of the additives and most products have a very strong perfume scent which tends to mellow substantially after application. The fragrance may be an issue for sensitive skin so I recommend doing a patch test or getting samples.

The Liquid Care ($60.00) is an all-in-one lotion, serum and cream that protects the skin from environmental assaults, nourishes to treat dryness, heals and recuperates. The light liquid melts in and makes my skin silky, youthful, bouncy and luminous! It works wonders when used with the Pearly Lotion and together they make a wonderful base for flawless makeup application.


If you like the results of a night mask but prefer a light formula then the Energie De Vie Overnight Recovery Sleeping Mask may be just what you need. Like the other products, the consistency is gel-like and water based so it isn’t thick and doesn’t clog pores. The strong scent dissipates with wear so it isn’t bothersome and my skin feels dewy, resilient and moisturized. It is also light enough to combine with serums and night treatments. The mask retails for $90.00.


The Rénergie Multi-Lift Multi Action Gel-In-Lotion is not part of this collection but I’ve been using it as well. Along with hydrating the skin it also tightens, lifts and shapes to diminish fine lines, wrinkles, sagging and crows feet. The finish is matte, soft and velvety plus it helps improve elasticity while repairing the epidermis. Although I like the texture I don’t have any visible signs of aging so I can’t attest to all the benefits. The lotion retails for $61.00.


What impressed me most about these products is how instantaneous the results are! They rejuvenate my complexion and help reverse the effects of winter. Lancôme can be found at department stores, Sephora and lancome.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...