Wednesday, November 1, 2017

Fall / Winter Fashion Trends & Accessories

Fall is my favorite season for makeup and fashion trends because the colors are vibrant, bold and edgy. When the weather cools down I can finally break out my sexy boots, luxurious knits and stylish scarves and it’s surprising how a few simple accessories can re-purpose an old outfit. Today I’m sharing a few fabulous fashion finds and essentials to help style your autumn/winter wardrobe and hopefully give you some helpful ideas for the holiday season. 


Every women should have a reliable black purse to match all her outfits and store important items. This Signature Leather Tote ($44.99) from Avon is effortlessly chic, well structured and good quality with simple stud detailing and a deep inner compartment. This is a great bag for the workplace or an evening out and the quick access pockets around the outside are very functional. It is big enough for my makeup essentials and the large zippered section in the middle secures my wallet.


Olivia Burton Watches are delicate, trendy and sophisticated. This beautiful 3D honeybee design in rose gold is stunning and unlike anything else in my collection. The brand even engraved my name on the leather band as a personal gift and the feminine patterns and colors make each piece truly unique. The watch below retails for $319.00 at Hudson's Bay and if you're looking for a thoughtful gift for that special someone, this collection does not disappoint.


Chokers haven’t been in style since I was a kid but they’re back and better than ever! I love this set from H&M because the pieces look great individually or layered to create different looks and the lace - velvet combo is quite chic. It retails for just $12.99 and there are many styles to choose from.


On sunny fall days you still need an awesome pair of shades. I found these unique sunglasses a few weeks ago at a small beach shop in Portugal for just €10. The distinctive navy frame is eye-catching and experimenting with color and shape adds variety to your look.


Ankle boots are a great way to transition your wardrobe into fall and the Cushion Walk Basket Weave Peep Toe Booties from Avon are sexy and comfortable with thick, sturdy heels. The soft insole provides support where you need it most and the trendy design shows-off your pedi.


The booties have a sling-back closure and retail for $46.99 online at avon.ca

I have a slight obsession with scarves because they come in a variety of beautiful colors, prints and patterns. I picked up this stunning Pashmina on a recent trip to Budapest for just €10 and it doubles as a shawl for an evening out. A striking scarf is an easy way to dress-up your outerwear this season.


I spotted this lovely Gleam with Pride Ring at avon.ca for $24.00 and I love the thick cut with pink jewels and multi-layered bands. The color contrast makes a beautiful statement.


I saw this edgy little purse in a store window a few weeks ago in Madrid and I just had to have it! Flashy embellishments are a great way to spruce-up plain outfits and I love the circular shape, silver studs and cute lock clasp.


Rich brown is always a trendy seasonal shade and when mixed with burnt orange it’s even better! This bag has 3 large compartments and a few small pockets to help me stay organized. The material is soft with refined gold details and it slouches to enhance the relaxed shape. I picked it up at the Canadian National Exhibition (CNE) for just $20.00.


It is almost time to start planning your holiday parties so a little glitz and glam is a must! This layered cuff-style gold bracelet has sparkly stones and a magnetic clasp for easy closure. It goes well with a little black dress or jeans and there are a variety of styles and colors to choose from at avon.ca.


Another great piece for the holidays is The Twinkle Twinkle Bracelet ($28.00) featuring a variety of glass stones in beautiful deep grey and silvery blue for winter. It stretches to accommodate a range of wrist sizes and is dressy enough for posh parties and events. (Available at avon.ca)


The Fancy That Statement Earrings ($26.00) have the same tear drop blue stones as the bracelet so I like to wear them together as a set. They are perfect for elegant up-dos because the clustered stones and interesting triangular shape stands out against the skin and sparkles in the light. (Available at avon.ca)

The Shape of Things Earrings ($22.00) are geometric, bold and a bit retro. I like the gold-black color combo and they go with anything from casual wear to power suits and a simple ponytail. (Available at avon.ca)


Painted metal, leather-like textures and glass stones make a trendy statement. The Matte Attack Bracelet Set ($32.00) is stacked to perfection to take the guess work out of mixing and matching. I like to wear them with all-black outfits for a little extra bling. (Available at avon.ca)


The Tough it Out Necklace ($50.00) resembles exotic Egyptian jewelry and when you see it you can’t help but stare. This piece is a knock-out with incredible details, intricate layers, brilliant stones and glass. When you put it on for a night out, no other jewelry is required and it makes every outfit worthy of the runway. (Available at avon.ca)


It is already time to break out the warm outer-wear and stylish gloves are a must! I love this leather chain mail pair from Avon ($34.00) because they fit snugly, match all my fall/winter jackets and keep my hands warm. 


Purple is my favorite color and it looks marvelous in the fall. This convertible Crossbody Bag ($89.00) from Poppy & Peonies can be worn several different ways – use the strap across your body and go hands-free, carry it as a stylish clutch or remove the black tassel bag for a night out. Although it is smaller in size there are zippered compartments, a cell phone pocket and organizational card slots to replace your wallet and make room for other things


For parties I love the wrist strap and trendy detachable tassel on the black clutch plus the durable leather is easy to keep clean. This versatile bag is also great for vacations because you can position it securely in front of your body to deter thieves, keep your travel documents in order and have your hands free to take photos.


The Clearly You Travel Pouch ($29.00) is perfect for a Travel Editor like me because I can keep all my valuable and essentials in one place for quick access. I slip it into my tote or carry-on and use it for jewelry and makeup. Poppy & Peonies is available online at poppyandpeonies.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...