Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Maybelline Super Stay Matte Ink Liquid Lipstick Review

So you’re at the drugstore looking for an awesome new lipstick. Maybe you have a hot date, holiday party or girls night but you need something that makes a statement without breaking the bank. Before jetting off in frustration (because there are like a million lipsticks to choose from) head over to the Maybelline display and swatch one of the new Super Stay Matte Inks – trust me, you won’t be disappointed!


These colourful Inks ($11.99) are super pigmented, bold, rich, bright and show-stopping. They are also very on-trend with the new lip paint craze that has taken over the beauty scene and there are 10 hyper-intense matte shades to chose from.

The pigment glides on smooth and creamy which makes them easy to spread and the pointed applicator helps trace the lip contour to create a sharp, defined pout. One swipe was all it took for me to become totally hooked – the saturated color drenches lips before it dries, sets and stays put for hours of wear (it lasted through an entire work day). Since the color adheres so well, the texture is a bit tacky and I definitely notice the stickiness on my lips.


Although the lipsticks don’t cause peeling or discomfort (not for me at least) you might need a little more moisture during the winter months. I like to prep my lips with a hydrating primer for more suppleness.

Through eating, drinking and partying, the formula resists fading and transfer requiring only minor touch-ups throughout the day. You can also transform the Inks and change the finish by adding a clear gloss on top - the pigment retains its intensity and you get a pop of shine.


I received 4 shades (all pretty) but my favorite is Pioneer – a deep, sexy red that puts me in a festive mood and looks fabulous with sparking gold shadow. The Inks all have vivid packaging but the actual pigment may not match the outside so make use of the testers (FYI- they do stain). Overall I think Maybelline did a fantastic job with this formula. The brand is available at drugstores nationwide. 

Swatches (prior to drying) bottom to top: 30 Romantic, 20 Pioneer, 35 Creator and 25 Heroine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...