Thursday, October 11, 2018

Conair Infiniti Pro 3Q Flat Iron Review

Heat, humidity and perspiration makes it nearly impossible for me to keep my hair straight, neat and frizz-free, so during the summer I let my curls flow wild and free. For 5 to 6 months I take a break from heat styling, cut back on sulfates and nourish my ends with oils, conditioner and leave-ins so weakened strands recuperate and grow.

Now that the weather has cooled down, I’m changing my look and updating my styling tools to minimize heat damage. When it comes to healthy hair, quality appliances are essential and the 3Q straightener ($120.00) has cutting-edge safety features to help protect your mane.


Designed with intelligent sensor technology, the temperature automatically adjusts to the characteristics of your hair to limit excessive heat exposure. I have no idea how it monitors hair type or texture but there are 12 digital heat settings up to 235˚C / 455˚F for customized results. I recommend starting at a low level and increasing gradually if necessary. To prevent burns never exceed 450˚. The plates take just 30 seconds to reach optimal temperature and the swivel cord allows you to manoeuvre the device around your head with ease.


It is always best to start with clean fresh hair so I cleanse with the Kerastase Bain De Force Vita-Ciment Topseal Shampoo ($45.00). This fortifying formula reinforces and resurfaces the outer fiber making each strand more resistant to breakage and split-ends. It also removes oil, scalp build-up and impurities without stripping.


Gently detangle, rinse and apply a treatment mask for softness and hydration. Cristalliste ($65.00) primes, nourishes and reinforces against external aggressors with a mix of active ingredients.


1. Brush the deep conditioner through thoroughly focusing on the ends.
2. Pin your hair up, cover with a plastic shower cap and wrap with a microfiber towel to trap in heat and enhance absorption.
3. Leave on for 1-2 hours (unless you have thin hair prone to limpness).
4. Rinse and air dry or use the cool setting on your blow dryer to save time.

Before styling I use a combination of serums and heat protectants. The Kerastase Oleo-Relax ($48.00) smooths dry rebellious hair into submission by eliminating frizz and boosting shine. Apply before or after straightening as a finishing product. 

Kerastase is available at salons nationwide. To find a location near you visit to kerastase.ca.

To make flat ironing easier, part your hair into manageable sections. The 3Q has ionic conditioning technology and luxurious titanium plates for effortless glide and smoothing. It also helps eliminate static, frizz and flyaways with every pass for a lightweight silky finish. 


You will notice a faint humming or whirling noise when using the flat iron which is normal for this model. There may also be some steam as water or products evaporate.

Conair has definitely upgraded their styling tools to a professional level and I am very pleased with my results. The Infinity Pro is available at conair.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...