Tuesday, October 22, 2019

Mary Kay TimeWise Matte 3D Foundation Review

2019 is shaping up to be a good year for foundation. I’ve found a few formulas that work wonders for my complexion and today I’m sharing another fantastic product from Mary Kay.

I love when brands mix skincare into their pigment because on workdays I tend to wear makeup for at least 8 hours and up to 20 hours while traveling overseas. Due to my busy schedule, I am always looking for products that don't clog pores, look oily or cause breakouts, and Mary Kay’s new Matte Foundation checks all the boxes.

The Age Minimize 3D Complex ($28.00) is available in 28 shades that contain encapsulated resveratrol, vitamin B3, age defying peptides and antioxidants that strengthen collagen and elastin, fight free radicals, improve the look of wrinkles, brighten uneven skin tone and protect against environmental damage. The formula is suitable for combination, oily and sensitive skin.


I have not tried any of the previous MK foundations but I am quite impressed by the lightweight, smooth finish. Keep in mind that the appearance of your makeup (flawless or uneven) is directly related to the health of your skin so results may vary.

The color does not crease, flake or settle into fine lines and the liquidy texture blends seamlessly for a natural finish – much better than thick creams.

At first the coverage seemed a bit sparse but I didn't have trouble finding a match (Bronze is my preferred shade). The second time I used a bit more product and concealed everything I wanted to hide. Throughout the day I didn’t need any touch-ups and there was no greasy build-up or oxidization – the color appeared even with no harsh undertones.

If you have very dry skin, the matte effect may not be ideal this season. To change the finish, layer the foundation over a supple moisturizer or try mixing in a drop of facial oil for more dewiness. All I do is pat on a bit of setting powder and it lasts all day. I prefer a shine-free finish because my skin tends to produce sebum as the day wears on.

The anti-humidity and sweat resistant properties are great for long summer days and I’ve even tested it while working out with no major mishaps.


I always use primer to achieve the most flawless finish possible but TimeWise makes my skin look great – no complaints. I can customize the coverage for any occasion and it does not clog pores or cause irritation no matter how long I wear it.

A damp beauty blender seems to works better than a makeup brush but application is quick and consistent. I’m not sure about the 3D effect (didn’t notice any difference) but the small tubes are ideal for travel.

Mary Kay is available online at marykay.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...