Friday, November 8, 2019

YSL Beauty | The Slim Sheer Matte Lipstick Review

Yesterday Toronto experienced its first snowfall of the season and I attended my first Christmas event. It was the perfect opportunity to test YSL's Slim Sheer Matte Lipstick ($50.00) infused with jojoba oil and fruit extracts. To complete my festive look I also used the new YSL face primer, mascara and liquid liner with a touch of deep emerald eye shadow.


The slim, elegant tube fit perfectly in my evening bag and the gorgeous shades are appropriate for work, date night, parties and everything in-between.

These lipsticks are fabulous for winter because the rich, balm-like texture clings to skin for hours of wear while moist layers of supple color deeply hydrates to prevent chapping and dryness. You’ll love the lush, comfortable formula. It applies consistently with gradual fade and after the pigment wears away, my lips still feel smooth, nourished and healthy.


The lightweight, feather-proof finish is semi-matte with a hint of shine. Even though the swatches online appear opaque, don’t expect a lot of coverage. The effect is soft and pouty – like a revitalizing lip treatment with a sheer tint that softens and heals.

Swatches left to right: 109 (bright pink), 111 (orange), 112 (red with neutral undertones), 101 (true red)

I always wear deep black liner to accentuate, lift, and widens my eyes. The YSL Couture Eyeliner ($46.00) has an ultra thin tip and gorgeous satin finish that lasts all day with no smudging or running. I can draw a vivid line in one simple stroke and the felt applicator is easy to use.


The Volupte Plump-In-Color Lipstick ($49.00) drenches your pout in luminous shine with a pop of sheer color. It also protects, moisturizes and softens with a nutritious blend of coconut, pomegranate oil and peppermint.

The tubes are stylish, the scent is delectable and I love the little heart design!

For a radiant glow, the Touche Eclat Blur Primer ($60.00) is infused with gold flakes that diffuse light. The particles disperse into a few glittery flecks and the velvety gel minimizes pores, smooths skin texture, blurs lines and helps foundation last longer. It also makes my skin look and feel flawless with no greasiness or shine.


The Volume Effect Faux Cils Mascara ($41.00) is one of the best I’ve used from YSL. The dense brush elongates, volumizes and thickens in 2-3 coats for a false-lash effect with minimal clumping. I usually layer it with another mascara for more drama but I love the way it defines every hair.


YSL Beauty is available at Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, Sears, Sephora and yslbeauty.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...