Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Blog Business Cards

I have always been interested in beauty, makeup and fashion and my blog is a great outlet for me to express my love of the industry.

I started my blog for a few reasons. The main reason was because almost every time I left my house I would get stopped by women and asked about my makeup. They wanted to know what products I used and the techniques I used. No matter where I went in the world, whether I was in Mexico, Jamaica, Philadelphia, Miami or the Cayman Islands women stopped to ask me about my makeup.

I decided that I would start a blog dedicated to all of the things I love, so that when I am asked about certain products I can direct people to my site. The problem was that when I am out on the streets of Toronto, on vacation or in a mall it is a bit awkward trying to give people the information for my website. Because of this I decided to print some cards so that when women do stop and ask me questions I can refer them to my blog and they will have a tangible reference of where to go.

I ordered these cards from Vista Print, a company that produces business related merchandise like letterheads, cards and labels. 

On the front of  the card I put all my information including my web address, email and social media sites.



I chose a theme that went with my blog and added all the information onto the card myself. I also designed the back of the card. In design mode you are able to move things around and position them exactly where you want them. It is very easy to to do.

On the back I wrote a little blurb about what my blog is about and added a photo.

The cards have a glossy finish which was free of charge but I did have to pay extra for the information I added to the back of the card. 

I'm pretty pleased with the results.

19 comments:

  1. wow they are awesome looking.

    :D hope you're having a great Hump Day. 2 days til the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really great idea! Might see about getting some printed myself!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is, it is a lot easier than telling people about your site, trying to find a pen...you know people can't remember anything these days lol.

      Delete
  3. Nice cards! I keep telling myself that I need to get some made. I eventually will. I like how yours turned out. :-)

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! You should it makes things a lot easier to give people your info.

      Delete
  4. They look pretty awesome , woot it's a great idea!
    Noor @ Noor's Place

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi,
    Im following you from the Blog Hop :)

    Here is my link where you can find GFC & Bloglovin'
    http://www.betzysmakeup.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, I saw that you were following me and I am following you by. Will stop by and check out your blog in more detail soon.

      Delete
  6. they look amazing, love the design! I keep meaning to get some blog business card done so much easier than telling people a big long link lol. Glad to have come across your blog on the blog hop, now following on GFC and Bloglovin :) x

    http://www.beautiful-solutions.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stacey, I am not following you as well.It is so much easier. I hate looking for a pen and paper to write things down lol.

      Delete
  7. I ordered beauty business cards from vista print too! they came fairly quickly and i am very pleased with the results as well. great minds think alike!

    http://yourbeautyfixreviews.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They were pretty fast, they kept trying to sell me more things as I was checking out though.

      Delete
  8. Your business cards look so cute and pretty <3 makes me want to make my own now ha

    xoxo
    http://teresa-et-vous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Loved this post! I want to create cards soon!

    http://beautybardaily.blogspot.com/

    -Rose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful card you own lady! Best suits your persona. :) Is the paper used fresh or recycled? Do you know u can have your cards printed using natural vegetable ink instead of petroleum ink. For best ecofriendly cards and design you can visit here.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...