Here is a simple recipe for delicious pesto linguine with chicken using my favorite pesto sauce by Classico. This is so easy anyone can make it and it requires minimal cooking time and almost no prep time!
All you need is:
* 2 Garlic cloves
*1 small onion
*Red pepper flakes
*Thyme (I prefer the packaged thyme leafs without the stems)
*Dried/dehydrated parsley flakes
*A few of your favorite spice blends, I used Mrs Dash original blend and an Italian herb seasoning
* 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
*Classico Pesto sauce, this pesto is delicious and very flavorful, you won't need to add anything to the sauce because all the ingredients are already in it. I would advise you not to substitute this sauce unless you absolutely cannot find it.
*Linguine pasta noodles
1. Cut 2 chicken breasts into bite size portions or small chunks. The amount of chicken you use will depend on how many people you are feeding and how much pasta you are making so adjust accordingly.
2. Sprinkle chicken breasts with thyme and seasoning, I used Mrs Dash original seasoning along with Italian herb seasoning. If your seasoning is salt free you can add salt to taste.
3. Sprinkle chicken with red pepper flakes (to taste) and parsley flakes.
4. Mix chicken so it is coated with seasoning.
5. Heat a pan with oil, (I prefer olive oil) and add finely diced onion and garlic. Saute for a few minutes.
6. Add chicken to the pan and cook fully. To make sure your chicken breast pieces retain moisture and do not overcook and become dry, cook chicken on high heat. The chicken will cook very fast because the pieces are small.
1. In a pot bring water to a boil. You can add a bit of salt if you like.
2. Cook pasta until it is al dente - meaning until it is firm but not hard.
3. Strain pasta in colander.
Combining chicken and pasta
1. In a large pan on low heat add the cooked pasta and coat/toss the noodles with Classico pesto sauce. Tongs are helpful to use when tossing and mixing.
2. Add chicken pieces to the pasta and toss.
3. Sprinkle with grated Parmesan cheese (optional).
That is it! No blending basil leafs with pine nuts, just a quick and delicious pasta recipe that the family will enjoy. This is one of the best pesto sauces I have tried!