Monday, February 3, 2014

Inner Circle Subscription Box Review

Lately I have been reviewing and using many natural and organic beauty products. Cutting back on the chemicals we use every day and focusing on pure, earthy ingredients can be beneficial for our bodies on the inside and out.

Today I have a review on a beauty box by Saffron Rouge, a company that sells a range of organic beauty products. The monthly subscription box is called Inner Circle and each month you receive a package of deluxe samples “from leading and upcoming beauty brands around the world!” This subscription focuses on bringing you non-toxic, safe beauty products that tend to be on the higher end of the beauty spectrum. The subscription costs $24.99 per month.


I was sent the September beauty box which focused on hair products. In the box there were 4 small samples, 2 medium sized samples and one full sized sample. The package came with a pamphlet listing all the items and a description of each.
 Dr Jones Organic Shampoo
This shampoo is free of synthetic chemicals and petroleum. It is also vegan and helps reduce the thinning of hair and hair loss for “full, healthy" hair. To me it smells clean and fresh with a hint of botanicals.


Some of the natural ingredients include: chamomile, rosehip, vitamin B5, lime, jojoba, vitamin B7, vitamin A, vitamin C macadamia, avocado, rosemary, grapefruit, oat sunflower, biotin, and a large variety of flowering plants! The list of natural elements in this shampoo is quite impressive.

My Results: Sometimes natural shampoos don't lather or clean the hair well because they contain soft cleansers. This shampoo is not one of those! It is free of sulfates but lathers very well and it got rid of all product build up and residue. It didn't strip my hair but it also didn't make it feel incredibly soft either, just very clean! Overall this is a good shampoo and I would purchase a bottle solely for the ingredient list.   

This shampoo is 236 ml, there was a full size in the box and it retails for $14.99 for more info click HERE

 rahua shampoo 
(Pronounced Ra-Wa)

Description: “100% natural ingredients, Rahua oil fortifies weak, damaged strands while nourishing and regenerating damaged follicles, allowing hair to grow longer and stronger.”

Full size value 275 mL: $32
sample value 60 mL:  aprox $1.16
For more info click HERE

This shampoo contains: quinoa, coconut and shea butter, honeysuckle, raspberry leaf, aloe, sea salt, wheat protein, vitamin E and more.

My results: For my long thick hair I used about 2/3 of the bottle for one shampoo. It smells like herbal tea to me but it isn't overpowering. It does lather and clean the scalp and hair well but it didn't offer any moisture on its own so you need to follow up with conditioner. I do appreciate all the beneficial ingredients for my scalp.
rahua Voluminous Spray
Description: “Serves as a volumizer that revitalizes the scalp while keeping hair in place. Provides soft flexible hold and keeps hair fresh.” It also says that when used on a regular basis it is designed to “inflate the hair” to make it appear fuller. This spray can be used on wet or dry hair.

Full size value 177 mL: $32
Sample size value: 60 mL: aprox $10.58
For more info click HERE

To me this product smells minty and has a very strong herbal scent. It contains: lemon, lemongrass, sugarcane, lavender, eucalyptus, apple and much more. For me it didn't offer much hold and I didn't have any noticeable results in terms of volume but it did have a refreshing effect.

LuLu Organics Hair Powder
Description: “Talc-free formula soaks up oil and leaves hair feeling clean without weighing it down. It also adds texture for perfect styling.” I have never tried any powder like substances in my hair before so this will be a new experience!

Full size value 128 g: 41.50
Sample size value 5g:  aprox $1.40
For more info click HERE

This product is similar to a dry shampoo, the essential oils are supposed to help rid the hair of unwanted odors and it is available in different scents. It can be used on busy days when you have no time to wash your hair or when you are traveling. To use, rub a dime sized amount of product through the roots of the hair.

Kahina Giving Beauty Argan Oil
Argan oil can be used to moisturize the skin and also helps with dry frizzy hair. It is high in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, antioxidants and is suitable for all skin types. It is one of my favorite oils to use in my hair.
 Full size value $40
Sample size value  is not known 
For more info click HERE

I used a bit of this oil on the ends of my hair and it helped combat dryness while adding some shine. It also
made my hair smell nice and the quality of the oil is great.

John Masters Organics sweet orange & silk protein styling gel
Description: “Nourishing formula delivers light weight hold and never leaves hair dry, sticky or flaky. Contains a thickening agent and is alcohol free. “Silk proteins improve manageability, gloss, and texture while detoxifying the scalp and strengthening hair.” This product is safe for color treated hair and what is unique about this gel is that it not only works to maintain your style but also protects from heat styling.

Full size value $236 mL: 24.95
Sample size value 10 mL: aprox $0.76
For more info click HERE

rahua Conditioner
Description: “Fortifies weak damaged strands, nourishes and regenerates the scalp. Promotes healing, moisture retention, increases vibrancy, prevents frizz and protects against UV damage.”

Full size value 275 mL: $34
Sample size value 8 mL: aprox $3.71
For more info click HERE

My results: You are suppose to use this conditioner after shampooing and leave it in for 3 minutes before rinsing. I had to mix it into my deep conditioner because there was very little in the pack, it was just enough to cover my ends, I left it on for 30 minutes. To me this conditioner smelled a bit like spices which wasn't my favorite scent but I do think it helped make my hair feel softer.

Conclusion
This is a great box! I loved the variety of hair products and how many amazing ingredients are in each sample. The quality of the products is good and I liked testing out the organic brands. The fact that the subscription boxes will contain a variety of bath, body, makeup and hair products with a different theme each month is wonderful. You also get a 10% off code with the box. I am excited to see what else Inner circle has to offer.
For more info on this beauty box click HERE
You can find Saffron Rouge on their website at: http://www.saffronrouge.com/
and on: 

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Saffron Rouge. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

5 comments:

  1. I love the packaging of these products and you are so right with organic products- after all what we put ON our body is as important as what we put IN. That said I have tried lots of organic Shampoos including John Masters- I have no problem with the Shampoo´s- they work like a gem- only the conditioners are never good enough. It seems like I need chemicals in my hair to make it really smooth. The only organic Conditioner I have found that really works is from Dermorganic. Thanks for sharing hun! Kisses, Sissi

    ReplyDelete
  2. I say that for 24.99$ you get a lot of products in this box, I usually don't care for the small samples, but if they catch my attention I will definitely use them :)) I love using oils on my hair, I have oily roots and dry hair so it helps me a lot :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am not a big fan of subscription boxes at all, but this one seems to be interesting as it has organic products. Think it would be worth the money too. Great review hun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This sounds a lot like the curlBOX I just signed up for. I definitely think this is a great way to try new products out without breaking the bank!! Great review!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...