Thursday, March 5, 2015

Garnier Clean+ Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser Review

If you happen to catch me strolling the mall or perusing a department store you may notice that my hands and arms are covered in bright pigments of varying textures. I know I have a lot of makeup but all the pretty new products always reel me in and I can’t help going on a swatching frenzy! Being a Beauty Blogger also means that I photograph a lot of color swatches to demonstrate pigmentation and formulas so having an efficient makeup remover is essential!

When I leave my house you can bet that I will be sporting a full face of makeup, from foundation, bronzer and layer upon layer of lash lengthening mascara skilfully matched with beautiful shadow, liner and lipstick. I love playing around with makeup and creating vibrant new looks but like many women I hate removing it all at the end of a long day.

Garnier has recently released the Makeup Removing Lotion Cleanser and I took to the smooth, nourishing formula right away because I love products that feel comfortable and non-drying on my skin. Creamy removers like this one do a great job at emulsifying heavy makeup and they create a slippery surface so that cotton pads and wipes glide over the skin without the need for vigorous scrubbing.


The lotion releases powerful cleansing agents to dissolve impurities and waterproof mascara and I like that the richness of the cream helps soften crunchy lashes to moisturize and prevent hair loss. It also works well to remove foundation, glitter formulas and lipstick stains although it does make my skin tingle so I tend not to use it before or after exfoliation.

The formula is free of perfume, alcohol, dye and oil with an infusion of plant extracts to hydrate and protect. This may be a good option for those with dry or oily skin types although if your skin is ultra sensitive I recommend doing a patch test as with any new product. You can apply the cream directly to the skin, massage it in and simply wipe away the residue with a cotton pad or makeup wipe. The cleanser removes impurities and rinses clean with water.


Overall the cleanser efficiently removes my makeup in a few swipes without stripping my skin and conditions to leave my face smooth and soft. The collection is available at Walmart, Jean Coutu, London Drugs and Shoppers Drug Mart.

*Product provided by Garnier Canada

1 comment:

  1. I am using Olay Pro-X too and I swear by it! LOL! This sounds like a brilliant product, will pick it up soon. Thanks for the review, Erica!

    ps: You're not alone on the swatching part, I do that A LOT too, just can't help myself. LOL!

    Shireen | Reflection of Sanity

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...