Saturday, March 22, 2014

Silk Naturals Cosmetics

On my hunt for more beautiful eye shadows I came across a brand called Silk Naturals. This company strives to use more natural ingredients and offers gluten free and vegan options.

After testing these shadows I can confirm that my hunt was a success! The loose mineral shadows from Silk Naturals are stunning, bold, highly pigmented and great quality. The website offers an impressive 300 colors to choose from and although the swatches online are a bit one dimensional you will be pleasantly surprised at how dazzling the shadows are once they arrive.

Let’s take a look at the colors I have





 Swatches


The shadows come in 5g jars and retail for just $4.50 each. The colors adhere well to the skin so they are easy to work with and highly buildable. 

Tip: I suggest applying these shadows before the rest of your makeup to avoid fall-out getting stuck in your foundation or face products. Use a flat eye shadow brush and pat the color onto the lids for more precise placement and tidier application.

I usually find loose eye shadows to be more pigmented than pressed shadows so they tend to be my favorite to work with. The color Paranormal is one of the most electrically, remarkable blue pigments I have ever used and shadows contain fine glitter fragments that appear mesmerizing under lights.

Since Paranormal is my favorite shade I could not wait to try it! This deep blue definitely stands out and many women stopped me to inquire about this color. Before application I primed my lids with the Stick Em shadow enhancer by Silk Naturals (reviewed below).  I also used the color Aubergine right above my crease and blended it well to create a faded effect. I lined my lower lash line and highlighted my tear duct area with the color  Ruffian. 


Eye Shadow Enhancer
The eye shadow enhancer is a gel primer that intensifies each shade and makes them stand out and last longer. The gel goes on clear and wet and dries quickly. A little goes a long way and although I do have other shadow primers I like how the Stick Em enhancer works with these particular shadows. This primer is only $4.99 and a must when working with such gorgeous shades. You can find it HERE.


Chromatic Cream Eye Shadow
Silk Natural also offers Chromatic Cream eye shadows that come in a tube with a gloss-like applicator. I received the color called Grand Central which is a saturated foil gold shade.



The cream eye shadow applies very wet and highly pigmented but dries matte. You do have to be careful with how much you apply because one drop spreads and covers a lot of surface. The wand is not my ideal method of shadow application and I do have to use my finger to blend and smooth. Once dry the color does not transfer and stays put all day! The creams come in 24 pretty shades which you can find HERE. They retail for $4.99 each. 

Photo courtesy of Silk Naturals 

To see more great products from Silk Naturals visit SilkNaturals.Com

**Disclaimer: These products were provided for a sponsored review courtesy of Silk Naturals. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

11 comments:

  1. I love them!!!
    Have a nice weekend!

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like an awesome company, I will have to check them out! I especially love paranormal and the look you did with it!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These colors look great on you! Silk Naturals is a great company. The All Set Drying Drops are a must for my manicures, and I love the Vitamin C serum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That gold is gorgeous. I can just imagine that chomatic gold with some orange lips in the summer! (yes I love to be bold with my makeup!) Great post.

    -Rozlyn P.
    http://thedaredbeauty.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the shades. Although out of my comfort zone, I think they are beautiful! Thanks for sharing, off to check out their website :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Over 300 colors, wow! Aubergine is so pretty--I bet I would find a bunch of other colors I like on the site since they have such a wide variety to choose from.

    ReplyDelete
  7. wow, the color is gorgeous, looks so pigmented :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Vow awesome stuff.. will check the company out.. Thanks fr sharing xo
    My latest post:http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/03/elle-18-color-pops-lipstick-in-candy.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, wow, wow <3 Lovely colors and so, so pigmented! I don't think I could choose just a few colors, I would want them all :)))

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blue and just came across your site. That looks absolutely fantastic on you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like blue too! Thanks for stopping by, I hope you enjoy it :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...