Friday, April 22, 2016

The Estée Edit Collection - By Estée Lauder: Review & Swatches

A few weeks ago I attended the Estée Edit press event and launch party which showcased the collection’s innovative new products. Beauty junkies from all genres of media and entertainment gathered in downtown Toronto to sip cocktails and play with the gorgeous new pigments and formulas. The party vibe was upbeat, stylish and fun, just like the brand’s newest beauty editors - fashion muse Kendall Jenner and social media sensation, Irene Kim.

If you haven’t had a chance to stop by Sephora and check out the new products, sit back, grab a drink and let me give you a little introduction.


The line is divided into subcategories to represent different beauty attitudes. The edgy attitude pushes boundaries with bold color and solid pigments, the barest attitude consists of sheer washes of color and neutral hues and the skincare range includes illuminators, eye balm, moisturizers and Flash Photo Powder to create a radiant glow.

As I perused the collection and covered myself in swatches, there were a few items that really stood out. The new blushes are to die for and the daring teal lipstick is a hot trend that may even replace purple as the new “it” shade! Since the collection is coveted by editors everywhere, I only managed to get my hands on a few items but I’m totally obsessed!

First up is the Edit Eye Shadow Palette designed by Kendall herself. I knew I wanted to try this because I love Kendall’s high-fashion, chic style and she even signed the mirror which was a nice touch. There are 14 shades in the palette grouped in complimentary pairs from light to dark. The finishes range from soft matte, satin and shimmer.


When creating this palette, Kendall wanted to incorporate the colors she uses most for an eclectic, versatile selection, suitable for all occasions. She included light, everyday neutrals for that soft no-makeup look, deep sultry shades for smoky effects and dazzling glitters for a fun night out. Each duo is designed to be used alone or together and the two black light shade transformers (the large glitter squares to the left) glow in the dark! These babies are perfect when you want to get your glam-on at the club and can be layered over other shadows to create a dazzling veil of sheer glitter. 


The gun metal black and espresso duos are deep enough to accentuate and shape the crease plus they can be blended and smudged for a seductive smoky eye. Like Kendall, my favorite color is purple so it’s no surprise that I use those shadows most often. The shimmery taupe and rose gold are beautiful although the pigmentation is very sheer, more like a light dusting or glitter overlay.


Throughout the palette the color pay-off differs by shade, some are medium to full coverage with the ability to be enhanced while others are quite translucent. I usually prefer a lot of intensity from my shadows but I like the contrast of soft hues with bold, deep colors. The texture is not as silky as I expected but they blend smoothly and the glitter particles stand out to create beautiful dimension without being messy or difficult to work with. All of the shades are very wearable but they look best when applied over a good primer and the packaging is sleek and portable. The Edit Palette retails for $60.00.


The collection includes many pretty lip colors from vivid and daring to nude and subtle. I have the shade - You’re Welcome: a vibrant, classic red that never goes out of style! The shiny blue tubes are feminine and sophisticated but a little difficult to pop open at first.

When I tried this color it was love at first swipe! The formula is rich, creamy and luscious so it glides on without any drag and drenches lips in bright, high-impact color. I also like that the finish is true matte so you don’t get any of that glossy shine, just solid, true red. The nourishing formula is infused with jojoba to condition, moisturize and prevent dryness.


By now you are probably wondering why there are two odd colors on either side of the red or if sunshine lips are going to be a hot summer trend. Although some of us are bold enough to flash black lips when it isn’t Halloween, not everyone is prepared to enter sassy goth territory just yet. These two hues are actually the Lip Flip Shade Transformers that are made to work with any lipstick. The yellow can be applied to lighten colors and the black darkens them so you can create custom shades.


With the yellow I was able to achieve a pinkish-coral hue and the black gave the red a deep berry tinge. You may have to be sparing with the black because too much can totally overshadow the color underneath but you can pretty much layer the yellow on as heavy as you dare. At first I didn’t like that the yellow lipstick was left stained by the red but when I realized it was easy to wipe off it wasn’t a problem. I think this concept is fun and versatile plus I like the option of getting more from my lipsticks. Each shade retails for $26.00 each.

Last but not least is a product I’ve been using since I got it - the Pink Peony Overnight Water Pack. The mask delivers a blast of hydration as you get your beauty sleep with fresh fruit (goji berry, blueberry and cranberry), hyaluronic acid and flower extract. The water-gel formula feels cool and refreshing on parched skin and along with eradicating dry patches, it makes my skin feel soft, smooth and supple with glow-boosting antioxidants. It retails for $58.00.


You can find the Estée Edit Collection exclusively at Sephora locations and online by clicking HERE

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...