Thursday, April 28, 2016

NYX Review: Pro Lip Cream Palette, High Definition Blush & Liquid Suede Cream Lipstick

When it comes to drugstore makeup, NYX certainly leads the way in trendy pigments and compared to high-end brands of similar quality, the products cost a fraction of the price. When I first laid eyes of the vibrant new colors, the beauty junkie in me just couldn’t resist and everyone knows that NYX has some seriously awesome lip products!


Let’s begin with the item I was most excited to try - the Pro Lip Cream Palette. I got The Reds Collection but it is also available in pinks, nudes and gorgeous plums! I’m not usually a fan of lip palettes for use on-the-go as many require a separate applicator and can be quite large, but this one is small and portable. The variety of flattering hues also makes it ideal for professional use but I do wish it came with a lip brush and mirror. If you don’t mind getting your hands a bit messy you can use a finger but I prefer to keep things sanitary.


The reds in this palette are so rich, bold and versatile, you may find yourself using it all the time! The selection is simply stunning and ranges from bright classic red to medium reds and deep sultry red with a burgundy undertone. If you are looking for a great range of color that you can mix, match and blend together to create a customized bombshell shade this palette is wonderful!

The two orange hues appear very bright and a little electric but once applied they are actually medium tone, soft and beautiful. The pigmentation seems to vary by shade - the orange hues start out sheer and can be enhanced to medium coverage whereas the reds are medium to full coverage with intense pigmentation when applied heavier. You do have to close the case securely because overtime the pigments can become dry, I also found this with the NYX Concealer Palettes. 


The smooth, creamy consistency makes the lip colors moisturizing and easy to apply. I expected a shiny finish but for the most part they seem to be semi-matte with a hint of luminosity and a solid, gloss-free base. The palette retails for $17.00 and is definitely worth the splurge!


Sticking with the theme of vibrant hues, my complexion needs a boost of color for summer. The High Definition Blush in Crimson instantly revives dull skin and although the texture is drier it blends and builds well without caking. This shade may look a bit daunting to those who shy away from striking color but it starts out sheer and you can control the intensity. The lightweight formula emits a beautiful orange-coral pigment with a hint of sparkle and it’s great for all skin tones. The blush retails for just $8.00.


Recently I’ve noticed the Liquid Suede Cream Lipsticks all over social media so I thought it was time I got my hands on at least one. Of course I chose one of the brightest shades in the collection - Pink Lust/Passion Rose which is a shocking, Barbie doll hue that is quite intimidating. The pigmentation is seriously fierce and it builds to full coverage in just 1-2 layers. The applicator is a standard gloss paddle and the creamy texture keeps lips moist and comfortable for hours. The Suede Cream Lipsticks retail for $10.00 ea.



Since I first tried the Make Up For Ever brow gel I was hooked. I love the way liquid formulas seep into sparse areas between hairs and fill in spaces for a well shaped arch. NYX has released their own brow gel which is quite similar to the MUFE one I love but it costs just $9.00 instead of $25.00. It comes in an easy dispensing tube and is available 5 popular shades. I got the color Espresso, which is the second darkest before black. The deep, rich color is excellent for defining the brows to create a full, sharp look that inspired the phrase "brows on fleek." I’m not sure if the gel is water resistant but once dry I’ve never had issues with fading or bleeding and my brows stay in place all day!


You can find NYX at drugstores nationwide, Sephora and online by clicking HERE

2 comments:

  1. i always see the lip palette at work but i always put it away because i didn't know how the pigmentation was but its not bad i may pick a few up

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow these shades are super bright! Love the lip product. xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...