Friday, April 29, 2016

Foreo LUNA Mini 2 Facial Brush Review

One beauty question I am frequently asked is - what skincare products do you use? I’ve met women all over the globe who are curious to know how I maintain my complexion, so today I am going to share one of my newest obsessions.

We all know that creams, serums and active ingredients are essential to achieving radiant skin, but in order for them to work, you need to start with a clean canvass receptive to nutrient absorption and moisture retention. 

Some of the most beneficial tools I’ve added to my skincare routine are cleansing brushes and exfoliation devices. On my quest for beautiful skin, I’ve tried and tested some of the most popular machines on the market including the Clarisonic, various battery operated rotating brushes and expensive microdermabrasion machines. One little cleanser that caught my eye was the Foreo LUNA. Not only does it come in a variety of trendy shades but the mini is exactly what I need for my busy lifestyle and globetrotting adventures.

Color: Sunflower Yellow

The LUNA is available in a variety of sizes and designs but the mini 2 is palm size so I can slip it into my carry-on or weekend bag along with my other beauty essentials. 


Don’t let the cute size and fun color fool you, this little device packs a lot of power! It delivers 8,000 sonic pulsations per minute and 8 intensities for customizable cleansing that removes 99.5% of dirt, oil and makeup residue! Thanks to this helpful little tool I can go to bed confidant that there isn’t any heavy foundation or build-up clogging my pores which also reduces the occurrence of blemishes acne, irritation and general flare-ups.


Unlike many of the cleansers I own, the LUNA does not use traditional brush heads. Instead the bristles protrude directly from the device itself and are made of silicone, which is 35X more hygienic than nylon brushes. There are a few great benefits to this design - you don’t have to spend a lot of money replacing the brush heads every few months and because the silicone bristles are attached to the body, the vibrations feel much more intense! I also noticed that the non-porous material doesn’t absorb water like traditional brushes so drying time is greatly reduced and there is no bacteria build-up. Once you turn it on, you can adjust the speed up or down and the pulsations are incredibly strong to efficiently remove substances lodged deep within the skin.


Although this device is suitable for all skin types (normal, dry, sensitive, oily and combination), I like that the bristles are flexible, gentle and soothing. Unlike my other cleansing tools, this one doesn’t feel abrasive at all, in fact it deep cleans without me even realizing it and my skin feels soft, supple, smooth and completely refreshed with no irritation!

To use, you simple wet your face, apply a liquid cleanser of your choice (I prefer the foaming kind), wet the LUNA and turn it on. It is recommended that you use it for 30 seconds on the lower cheeks, 15 on the forehead and 15 on the upper part of the cheeks and nose. After cleansing, simply rinse and air dry. It is also 100% waterproof so you can use it in the shower or bath and the material makes removing any makeup stains much easier.



The LUNA is rechargeable which is great but the cord is a USB which is not always convenient. I would have liked the option of an outlet charger that plugs into a wall socket but this is only a drawback if you don’t have a laptop. On a positive note, the device charges quickly and you can get up to 300 uses before needing to re-plug.

The Bristles differ in size and are divided into 3 zones. The thinner touch-points cleanse sensitive and normal skin, the thicker touch-points are designed for precision and the broader touch-points on the reverse side are great for oily skin. Although the shape is quite unique and maybe a bit unconventional, slightly turning the device allows it to fit into the corners of the noise and other hard to reach areas with ease. I’m no expert when it comes to designing these gadgets but in my opinion the bristles could have been a tad longer.


The plastic packaging conveniently doubles as a carrying case + cord storage and after cleansing my face feels like it’s been detoxified and replenished. Not only do you get deep pore action, it also stimulates circulation, mildly exfoliates and provides anti-aging benefits for healthy, glowing skin! I love how the LUNA preps my face to absorb products more efficiently so my skin feels silky and hydrated plus all the active ingredients and conditioning agents in my creams, oils and serums are enhanced. I incorporate the LUNA into my weekly facials especially prior to applying a mask or peel and I can use it daily without experiencing any sensitivity.


The LUNA mini 2 retails for $159.00 CAD and you check out the website by clicking HERE

1 comment:

  1. Such a neat little tool, I've been using it daily! Love this colour too, it screams summer haha :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...