Monday, July 13, 2020

Avon True Color Lip Glow and NEW Glimmerkiss Liquid Lipstick

I usually wear full-coverage matte lipstick but during the summer I can’t be bothered. When I’m on my way to dinner on a humid day, I know my lipstick will be completely gone as soon as I take my first bite.

In this heat wave, gloss is much easier to deal with and precise application is not necessary. Avon’s True Color Lip Glow ($13 ea) is exactly what I’ve been looking for. The creamy, supple formula is hydrating, comfortable, long-lasting and paraben-free. They smell delicious and the sheer finish provides the perfect amount of juicy pigment to make my lips look full and plush.


The color is slightly buildable – you can apply a few layers for a noticeable shiny tint and there is so much to choose from – pink, red, nude, wine, coral, plum and more. A few shades contain shimmer for a radiant glow.

When your lipstick dries out and begins to fade, use the gloss to revive the color and soften parched skin with no stickiness. They contain a nourishing blend of chia seed and rose hip oil so you can use them as a substitute for lip balm.


For a night on the town, Avon has created Glimmerkiss Liquid Lipstick ($14 ea) in 4 bold hues. The rich gel-cream formula has a metallic matte glitter finish that stands out from across the room!



I think these are gorgeous (especially the fuchsia pink and ruby red) but they aren’t the kind of lipstick you eat or drink in (unless you sip carefully through a straw). Once applied they last for hours (maybe the entire night), but look don’t touch! If they start to transfer the glitter will be everywhere and it is difficult to remove the particles and reapply without a makeup wipe. I will probably reserve these for special non-foodie events.

These products are available at avon.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...