Thursday, July 30, 2020

Avon Cashmere Complexion Long Wear Foundation Review

This summer has been hot, muggy and humid – it’s the kind of weather that melts your makeup and has you cranking up the AC.

These days we all have to wear face masks to stop the spread of COVID, but showing up to a meeting with smeared lipstick and patchy foundation (what I like to call mask face) is not a good look.

On a quest to find a new long lasting matte formula, I discovered Avon Cashmere Complexion ($35). This breathable, flexible pigment is vegan, water resistant, non-GMO, and free of fragrance, parabens, sulfates and phthalates. It provides 24 hours of comfortable wear with a full-coverage, natural finish that blurs the look of pores and fine lines. For hydration and nourishment, they’ve added antioxidants, botanical extracts, artichoke and butterfly lavender.


The doe foot applicator allows you to swipe the foundation onto your skin and touch-up problem areas with precision. I like the rich consistency and smooth finish. It is easy to blend and tends to stay put all day with no shine or slick oils. The color is buildable but I wouldn’t classify it as “full-coverage.” I still need a bit of concealer to create a flawless finish.


There are 30 shades available with a variety of undertones for most complexions. I chose a few colors in the medium range and my best match is Tiramisu.

Is Cashmere Complexion the best foundation I’ve ever used? – probably not, but it is suitable for daily wear and does not irritate my skin or feel heavy. I reach for it on casual weekends, workout days and non-formal occasions. It may also be good for travel since it does not contain common irritants.

If you need a bit more coverage for discoloration, acne or blemishes, try the Cashmere Complexion Long Wear Concealer ($18.99). The creamy pigment evens skin tone and corrects dark circles with minimal creasing.


Interested in trying Avon’s new foundation? Head to avon.ca.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...