Tuesday, March 19, 2019

OGX Hydrating Body Care & Coconut Curls Finishing Mist

Lately I’ve been using a lot more body cream and nourishing oils because no matter how much I slather on, it never seems to be enough. The weather goes from bitter cold to slightly pleasant and back again. It’s like Mother Nature can’t make a decision and takes pleasure in our ashy elbows.

After another light snowfall it seemed like a good time to test my OGX Body Care. The formulas are loaded with natural emollients and the large bottles last a long time.


The Argan Oil of Morocco Extra Hydrating Body Wash ($8.99) is described as rich, creamy and decadent (just what I need this time of year). The silk proteins are supposed to make your skin feel soft, silky and smooth while gentle cleansing agents rinse away dirt, oil and pollutants.

I read a few reviews claiming that the brand has reformulated this product and apparently people aren’t too happy about it. Since I’ve only ever tried this version, I have nothing else to compare it to within the collection but no complaints here.


I really like the scent. It smells fresh and clean – similar to a wonderful shampoo that you can’t stop sniffing. Despite not having any harsh sulfates, the luscious gel lathers well on my bath puff and envelops me in fluffy bubbles that don’t dry out my skin or leave behind residue. Even on the coldest winter days, I am not rushing to dunk myself in cream after I towel off so I’d say the argan oil is working.

The Eucalyptus Mint Body Lotion ($8.99) smells like a spa or an essential oil diffuser - very botanical and natural. Infused with tea tree, peppermint and eucalyptus, the lightweight formula feels cooling, soothing and invigorating, especially after a relaxing shower. I like that it melts in quickly with no greasiness and leaves my skin feeling touchably soft all day. It’s no wonder this stuff sells out fast!


I also tried the Locking+ Coconut Curls Finishing Mist ($9.99) which tightens your tendrils and provides frizz-free hold without the crunch. It smells like a delicious tropical breeze and keeps my spirals neat, bouncy and shiny with no stickiness and minimal stiffness. I detect a hint of alcohol behind the sweetness (similar to hairspray) but it works well with my leave-in conditioners.


OGX is available at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart, Jean Coutu and Loblaws. Visit the website at ca.ogxbeauty.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...