Saturday, October 26, 2019

Evil Witch, Voodoo Priestess Halloween Makeup

On Thursday I attended the NYX Halloween party which is always an epic event. This year the theme was Wonderland After Dark – depicting a creepier side of the classic Alice in Wonderland fairytale.

The venue was decorated like the Mad Hatter’s tea party and surrounded by mysterious jungle foliage and psychedelic neon lights. There were odd Wonderland characters slinking around as the DJ played awesome music and the bar served drinks all night. I particularly enjoyed the candy stations serving chocolate dipped apples and cotton candy burritos.


Most of the guests were dressed as Alice, the Cheshire Cat, Queen of Hearts or the White Rabbit so I decided to do something a little more evil.


Last year I went as an Egyptian queen (you can see that look by clicking HERE) but this time I only had 2 days to decide on a costume.

I drew inspiration from the Vampire Sisterhood on Netflix’s Van Helsing series and a few images from the internet. Most of my friends thought I looked ready to cast a curse, like some kind of spooky voodoo priestess.


If you’re looking for last minute Halloween inspiration, this makeup is quite simple. All you need is lots of black eye shadow and a good black lipstick.

I used the Too Faced & Kat Von D Better Together Palette because it contains a rich matte black that was perfect for my eyes, cheeks and brows. Make sure to layer heavy and blend well towards the brows and below the lower lash line. The shadow doesn't have to be neat, in fact the messier it is, the crazier you look LOL.


On my lips, I used the NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in the shade Kiev. For the dots and symbols, you can change it up and get creative. For this I used Lise Watier's Dramatique Gel Liner in Ultra Noir (their retractable pencils and brow products are fabulous). If you’re planning to dance the night away, make sure to use a waterproof formula.

To achieve a deathly pale complexion, apply foundation and powder that is lighter than your skin tone. It is perfectly acceptable to look a little grey and ashy on Halloween.

I also went to Michael’s and picked up some 3D spider stickers for a little more drama.


My hair is already long and naturally black so thankfully I didn’t have to wear a Halloween wig. I simply brushed it forward to amp-up the witchy vibe.

The Ardell Fright Night falsies retail from just $7.99 - $11.99 and this year's collection includes a fun webbed design, fairy witch with little red bows and bat girl. With proper care they can be reused several times and the eccentric bottom lashes look fabulous! Pick up your favorite pair at drugstores nationwide and take your Halloween makeup to the next level.


I also wore a pointy witch hat, waist length spider web cape and long mesh gloves to complete the costume. 

Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...