Sunday, April 6, 2014

Make Up For Ever High Definition Pressed Powder Review

In the warmer months it’s always a good idea to have a setting powder handy for quick touch-ups. Even while going about your daily activities makeup may smear, transfer or appear a bit oily. My favorite setting powder is the Make Up For Ever high definition loose powder. It sets makeup beautifully and makes skin appear radiant to the naked eye and on HD cameras or recording devices. I also like that it brightens my skin and makes me look fresh and alert even when I feel tired and my skin shows it. Although I love the loose powder the large bulky packaging is not ideal for use on the go so I was ecstatic when Make Up For Ever came out with the new HD pressed powder.


I have the powder in 0.07oz and it is the perfect size to slip in a purse. The products in the HD range are designed to “create makeup that is flawless, natural and invisible.” The powder is also wonderful for eliminating oil and shine to create a matte, luminous finish. Like the loose powder this one is also translucent which makes it great for every skin tone. It blends in effortlessly and revives the look of makeup throughout the day.


“The unique combination of ingredients fades away the appearance of fine lines and imperfections.” I really like the formula and the lightweight texture; it doesn't feel heavy or get cakey. It is also enriched with hyaluronic acid to prevent dryness and a little goes a long way so lightly sweeping it on produces better results. For humid summer days this powder is more efficient at mattifying and absorbing oil and shine than blotting sheets which can pick up foundation and create a blotchy appearance. 


This product is a must for me when I am shooting makeup looks, taking photos or attending events. If you haven’t tried it yet and you are looking for a great setting powder then I would definitely recommend checking this out.

0.07oz currently retails at Sephora.ca for $26 and the larger size (0.21oz) retails for $41.You can check it out HERE and on the Make Up For Ever website HERE 

What is your favorite setting powder?

*Disclaimer: I received this product from The Makeup Show L.A in the Press kit. I was not obligated to provide a review. All opinions are my own and based on my experience with the product. Results may vary based on individual use.*

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I came across your review! I swear by the HD loose powder, but I hate how messy it is, so I've wondered if the pressed powder is as good and it definitely sounds like another winner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one is so good! I wear it every day now!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This sounds awesome! I love how you take photos around strings of pearls and stuff it looks great!

    http://mattekat.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This powder has quickly become my new favourite. I love that is smooths out my pores, and makes my face look camera-ready :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to admit, I've never used a setting powder but you are right summer months is definitely are when its needed most. I already use MUFE HD foundation so this I must try. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've heard great things about this product as far as oil control! I'm really glad that they came out with this pressed form too because the fact that the other one was loose kinda kept me from purchasing it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. MUFE have awesome stuff truly worth investing xo
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in

    ReplyDelete
  8. I really love the pressed and loose formula of this! :)

    BeyondBlush

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...