Monday, June 8, 2020

Catrice Cosmetics HD Liquid Coverage Foundation Review

It has been a few months since I reviewed new foundation but drugstore brands are on a roll! My high-end foundations cost upwards of $50 per bottle but lately I’ve discovered many budget-friendly formulas that work just as well.

I love Catrice Cosmetics so it doesn't surprise me that their HD Liquid Coverage Foundation ($13.99 CAD / $10 U.S.) has rave reviews. It has even been compared to the Fenty Beauty foundation.


Choosing a shade online can be difficult but at catricecosmetics.com there are swatches of each shade on three different complexions and when you click on a color, it shows a model wearing the foundation. This gives you an indication of range and undertone but if you need further assistance, the shade finder tool categorizes everything into cool, neutral and warm.

My shade is usually in the middle of the spectrum so I decided to test 060 Latte Macchiato, 065 Bronze Beige, 070 Toffee Beige and 080 Caramel Beige.


My best match is 060 Latte Macchiato Beige. It isn’t perfect, but it works. The color looks quite light through the bottle but the pigment tends to deepen as it dries and when layered. This is not a problem since my setting powder and concealer blends everything together evenly.

I also tested 065 Bronze Beige which is a few shades deeper than my complexion. If I spend more time outdoors (which I plan to do this summer) I might be able to wear it.

The dropper applicator is a good idea (in theory) but it isn’t effective for picking up the creamy liquid. Instead I use it as a scoop to slather the product on - a slight inconvenience for high-definition camera ready skin.


I love the lightweight matte texture and natural effect. The non-greasy, no-shine, 24h formula is great for summer and there is minimal transfer. The coverage is also quite good – medium to full for camouflaging blemishes and discoloration.

This is a foundation you can exercise and cry in since there is minimal creasing and caking. The finish is smooth, streak-free, non-drying and flawless (depending on the condition of your skin of course). I apply it with a Beauty Blender and my face usually looks airbrushed (especially with primer). The consistency is fabulous – liquidy but not too runny, and rich but not too thick. It spreads seamlessly and does not clog pores. For the price and quality, you can’t go wrong!

The Liquid Camouflage High Coverage Concealer ($7.99 CAD / $5.99 U.S.) covers dark circles, redness, hyperpigmentation, blemishes and even tattoos with a highly pigmented, waterproof formula that lasts as long as your day does.

The concealer and foundation are vegan, gluten-free, alcohol-free and oil-free, making them suitable for most skin types.


Like any cream concealer, you should blend well when using it under the eyes and apply setting powder to prevent creasing.

Catrice Cosmetics is available at Shoppers Drug Mart and orders can be placed at beauty.shoppersdrugmart.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...