Friday, December 29, 2017

Fenty Beauty Stunna Lip Paint Review & Swatches

If you’ve obtained a few pieces of Rihanna’s new makeup collection then consider yourself lucky. The Fenty Beauty isle at Sephora is usually sold out of product and is so crowded that I almost lost an arm helping my mom find a foundation. Even the samples mysteriously disappear as women desperately try to get their hands on coveted items.

Very few beauty brands have created so much excitement on a global scale. In fact when I was in Madrid Spain this September there was a huge Fenty billboard in Puerta del Sol – the busiest square in the city.


It is no surprise that Fenty Beauty is such a success. It seem that everything Rihanna touches turns to gold and fans can’t get enough of her catchy lyrics, edgy style and bold pigments. Admittedly I’ve held off on trying anything from the collection until the chaos dies down but this Christmas I received the most talked about lip product on social media – Stunna.


This pigment is a bright bombshell red that definitely turns heads and not to toot my own horn but this color looks amazing on me...as it does on everyone else. The packaging reminds me of the Christian Louboutin makeup line with a long stiletto cap and a base that resembles nail polish. You get a lot of product for $24.00 and you don’t need much to achieve complete coverage.

What makes this liquid lipstick so popular is the rich saturation that feels incredibly lightweight yet shows up vivid and dramatic with a sophisticated matte finish that is very wearable. The formula glides on effortlessly, in fact this is probably one of the easiest lipsticks to apply. It literally took a few seconds to achieve a perfectly sculpted pout and I barely feel it on my lips (way to go RiRi).


The Defining Precision Wand makes it super easy to drench your lips in intense color that last up-to 12 hours without feathering or bleeding. The finish is consistent and low maintenance requiring very few touch-ups and it even lasts through meals and cocktails making it the ideal shade for an evening out. I love the applicator, it helps line and accentuate to create that plump, poutiness we all crave.



Although this is a matte formula that doesn’t appear to provide much hydration it somehow keeps my lips comfortable and smooth with just enough moisture to prevent dryness, flaking and chapping. I love this lipstick so much that I might brave the elbowing crowds and venture into Sephora to swatch some more makeup.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...