Wednesday, August 8, 2018

Neutrogena Hydro Boost Skincare & NEW Light Therapy Acne Spot Treatment

Before summer ends I want to be surrounded by swaying palm trees and sparkling beaches so I’m planning another vacation. If it’s going to be hot as hell with sweltering humidity I might as well be sipping sangria poolside instead of battling mid-day traffic. On my packing list you’ll find a few new products from Neutrogena because nothing ruins a cute photo like dry skin and a big old zit.


This season I’ve been cleansing more to keep my pores and complexion clear. The Pink Grapefruit Wipes ($8.99) eliminate dirt, pollutants, oil, sweat and makeup while treating and preventing breakouts and blackheads. The blast of citrus and Vitamin C refreshes without over-drying so skin feels purified and soft.


I usually wear foundation, concealer, eye shadow and long-wear waterproof formulas (even in the heat) so I always use face wash and toner/micelle water after wiping off my makeup. The Hydrating Gel Cleanser ($9.99 - $12.99) is infused with Hyaluronic Acid to rinse away impurities without depleting moisture and the gentle formula is free of soap, oil and parabens. The silky lather abolishes bacteria, sunscreen and sebum to keep skin bright and healthy.


All that fun in the sun always seems like a good idea until a few rashy looking bumps pop up on my skin followed by itching, redness and irritation (I’m more of a fall/winter person). To get rid of annoying bumps and zits I’ve been using the Light Therapy Acne Spot Treatment ($31.99). This portable little pen slips in any travel bag so I can whip it out on long, boring flights. Use it as soon as you feel a blemish forming under the skin – it is clinically proven to treat mild to moderate breakouts. I’ve been swirling it all over my face to get rid of anything that might be lurking under the surface but you can also hold it over specific spots to really zap the heck out of unsuspecting pimples. The blue light kills bacteria and fights free radicals while the red light heals inflammation and swelling. The device works with 1 AAA battery and unlike the Neutrogena Acne Mask you are not limited to a set number of treatments.


After cleansing and light therapy use the Hydro Boost Serum ($22.79) to quench thirsty skin and enhance your glow. The formula applies quite liquid-y but melts in with a supple finish to smooth, soften and plump. The scent isn’t my favorite (it reminds me of public restroom hand soap) but it isn’t offensive. I usually apply the serum under day or night cream for layers of rich moisture.


Thankfully I’m not dealing with wrinkles just yet but it is never too early for preventative measures and the Neutrogena Rapid Wrinkle Repair Cream ($29.96 - $36.99) has created quite a buzz in the beauty community. This regenerating formula delivers Hyaluronic Acid in its highest concentration plus Rentinol to blur the look of deep wrinkles, crow’s feet, fine lines and sagging. It is also enriched with Vitamin A to visibly renew and a Glucose Complex to accelerate cell turnover and replenish. Some people may experience sensitivity to Rentinol so I suggest doing a patch test before using it on your face. In many cases the skin gradually adjusts to the ingredient and side effects subside.


Neutrogena is available at drugstores nationwide

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...