Wednesday, June 26, 2019

Sexy Date Night Makeup with Revlon's Maverick Eye Shadow Palette

Winter is beautiful but it feels like we spend most of the season cooped up inside wearing pajamas, drinking cocoa and watching TV. When summer rolls around I can’t wait to shed the extra layers, apply some cute makeup and go out on the town with my love.

When the weather is nice you’ll never find me sitting at home with a pint of Ben and Jerry’s. This year I’ve already hosted several amazing parties, attended many gorgeous events, saw a few Broadway shows and jetted off to Miami, Malta, Valencia, Madrid and Belgium (I’m on a roll).

Date night is something my husband and I always look forward to. We like going on road trips to Niagara Falls, enjoying quiet dinners and catching a movie at the VIP theater.

It is also a chance for me to try new makeup because he always notices when I wear unique colors and I like getting all dolled-up.


For our next date I have my look all planned out. I will be using Revlon’s new Maverick Eye Shadow Palette ($9.99) with sultry burnt orange, deep red, smoldering brown, brilliant copper and a pop of rose gold.

These stunning sunset hues are perfect for a romantic night out and they are expertly matched with a selection of solid mattes and radiant shimmer.


The compact is small enough to slip in my purse and contains all the colors I need to create a show-stopping look with contour, definition and highlight in all the right places. Some shades may require layering but they are easy to blend and compliment all skin tones.

The shadows are also quite versatile, well pigmented and non-creasing but the mattes are a tad dry (primer is necessary) and it can be difficult to dip a brush into the thin rectangular sections (applicator is not included).

I always match my lipstick to my eye makeup and in this case there are several pretty options depending on your style. If you want to go bold and classic, Revlon’s Ultra HD Matte Lip Mousse ($9.99) in the shade Sunset instantly brightens the complexion. The rich texture keeps lips supple and the full-coverage creamy color has a powdery matte finish for a voluptuous effect.


If you prefer something dark and mysterious, the Cushion Lip Tint ($9.99) in the shade Wine Trip provides alluring shine. The color glides on sheer and vivid to compliment the autumn tones in the palette and the hydrating formula is very comfortable.


Neutrals are always a safe bet and the Super Lustrous Matte Lipstick in the shade Rise Up Rose ($9.99) is gorgeous! The deep, mauve-y pink looks amazing on medium, olive, golden and deep skin tones. It accentuates the curves of your pout with a moisturizing vitamin E formula and the lightweight velvety texture does not crease or flake.



The new PhotoReady Rose Glow Hydrating+ Primer ($13.99) can be worn alone or under makeup to smooth and hydrate without oiliness. The silky base also helps minimize pores while the pealescent particles boost luminosity with a hint of sparkle. The finish is supple and non-sticky with a lovely scent.


If your skin tends to get greasy in the mid-day heat, Revlon’s PhotoReady Candid Anti-Pollution Setting Powder creates a natural airbrush effect with a matte finish that eliminates sweat and oil. The soft, translucent powder shields your complexion from environmental aggressors and you can reapply as needed without caking. It isn’t my favorite formula but for $9.99 it comes in handy for quick touch-ups and blends well without white residue.


What makeup are you wearing on your next date?
Revlon is available at major drugstores across Canada.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...