Friday, June 21, 2019

Aveeno Hair Care Collection Inspired by Farm Fresh Ingredients: Almond Oil, Apple Cider Vinegar and Oat Milk Blend

Most of you know that I love Aveeno body products! Their luscious shower gels are to die for and the moisturizing body creams are gentle on sensitive skin.

The brand’s newest beauty trend is a fragrant farm fresh collection inspired by natural ingredients. There are no sulfates, dyes, or parabens and the replenishing formulas target all hair types including: dry, thin, sensitive, color treated, dull, limp and lifeless.


The first Collection I chose to test is the Almond Oil Blend for deep hydration and soft frizz-free strands. This range also contains avocado oil which is high in omega 3 fatty acids that nourish and repair dry, damaged cuticles. The shampoo does what you’d expect - it removes dirt, sweat and excess oil so hair feels clean and smells wonderful. After lathering twice, my ends still felt a bit dry (probably because of the vacation I just returned from) but the gel, hairspray, impurities and leave-ins were thoroughly eliminated.


I have a lot of long hair so the conditioner does not provide enough slip to detangle unless I use a generous amount. When left on for a few minutes in the shower, my strands began to feel soft and manageable. It is important to comb the cream through evenly, saturate your ends and give it time to work.

If your tresses are really parched, use the Hair Mask for intense hydration. My mane usually needs a lot more than the recommended 5 minutes so I leave it on for 3-4 hours. You can also mix it with another treatment from the collection to target several problem areas at once. My hair can withstand a lot of moisture without ever feeling weighed down so sometimes I use the mask as regular conditioner.


Apple cider vinegar for hair care sounds disgusting (I can’t stand the scent) but my mom swears by it. Apparently this “super food” deep cleans like nobody’s business without stripping or damaging fragile strands.

Thankfully Aveeno’s Apple Cider products do not have a foul vinegar odor and they soothe dry scalp while boosting shine. The sweet fragrance reminds me of apple juice (it smells delicious) and the shampoo rinses away dust, grime and pollutants.


If you need a clarifying treatment to get rid of heavy build-up, the Hair Rinse thoroughly eliminates everything left clinging to your strands and clogging your follicles including dead, flaky skin. This treatment is not meant for daily or even weekly use. Apply it after shampooing only when needed to rejuvenate your scalp, roots and ends. If your hair is dry, frizzy, damaged or weak, I would refrain from using this product altogether because it may strip away too much natural sebum.

I use the rinse when I haven’t washed my hair in a while, after a long vacation or when I slather on too much leave-in, oil, dry shampoo or serum that need to be removed efficiently.


After detoxing your strands, make sure to follow-up with lots of hydrating conditioner. It is also a good idea to use a revitalizing mask and leave it on for at least an hour.

The Oat Milk Blend is formulated for daily moisture. It is soothes dry scalp and lightly hydrates all hair types. I use it when I need to wash my hair more frequently, usually when I’m on a workout program where I have to remove perspiration without causing brittleness.

The shampoo is average. It cleanses well without making my hair feel rough but I prefer to co-wash with the conditioner to retain some natural oil. I work the cream through my roots (massaging well), saturate my ends, detangle and rinse.


When I’m rocking my natural curls the Oat Milk Blend Leave-In Milk with hydrolyzed protein helps balance, strengthen, smooth and protect. The added moisture keeps my tresses frizz-free and bouncy without stiffness or static and it smells fantastic.


The Oat Milk Overnight Mask is a cool new concept. I’ve never left a conditioner on for 6-8 hours before but I need all the moisture I can get!


The mask is bit tricky to sleep in (depending on how much you use). If you apply it sparingly and braid your hair, chances are it won’t get all over your pillow. I decided to drench my entire head (don’t laugh) so I had to wrap my hair in a bun and sleep in a silk scarf to prevent transfer. In the morning I rinsed it out and my curls were soft, shiny and super sleek! This is a great idea for anyone who needs to revive dry, straggly strands and repair damage.

The entire collection is priced at $10.99 and Aveeno is available at Walmart and all major drugstores.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...