Wednesday, September 11, 2019

Get Fuller, Thicker Hair with Nioxin’s 3 Step System

Beauty experts and stylists have told me that I have fine hair “but lots of it” – meaning that each strand has a small diameter but there are many of them so my mane appears full, healthy and abundant.

Many people will be surprised to learn that I’ve been using Nioxin - an advanced system designed to rejuvenate thin, lifeless hair. The treatment works by stimulating the scalp to promote healthy growth which is one of the reasons my tendrils are waist length and thriving.

Since we are all starting the process at different phases, I'll begin by giving you a quick health assessment of my hair. Most consumers purchase the kit to stop thinning but my goal is growth and volume.


My hair is shiny, silky, strong and soft with minimal breakage or damage. It is actually quite heavy when wet and I do not experience excessive shedding. Throughout this article I will not be revealing miraculous results but like most people I do have areas that need extra care.

The great thing about these kits is that anyone can use them, whether you have fine, thin, straggly strands or thick glossy hair with a few areas that need rejuvenation.

During the winter I flat iron frequently and even though I use a low setting to prevent frying my ends, heat styling can make hair appear thin, flat and dry. In the summer, I mostly wear my hair in a ponytail which can cause tension at the roots.


Other factors that may cause thinning include: chemical treatments and hair dye, repeated use of harsh sulfates, hormonal imbalance and pregnancy, genetics, aging, improper care, poor diet/nutritional deficiency, stress/anxiety, medication and other health related ailments.

Achieving more body, bounce and fullness is always a good thing so I’ve been using these products to make my roots appear plush, full and lifted. Each system consists of 3 simple steps that are easy to incorporate into your daily routine.

System 6 is designed for chemically treated hair and progressed thinning. I have never used chemicals or dye but the products are also formulated to “intensely hydrate” which is great for natural curls.

The shampoo cleans very thoroughly eliminating build-up, impurities and oil but it left my hair feeling squeaky clean and a bit fragile. During the second lather, I only shampooed my roots and used another product on my ends to prevent further brittleness. The cleanser is effective but quite drying so I probably won’t use it very often. 

The conditioner seems to be much more concentrated in active ingredients because as soon as I put it on, my scalp began to tingle intensely. The sensation wasn’t terrible but it wasn’t pleasant either. The formula has a strong menthol/peppermint aroma and I’m assuming the stinging sensation is meant to stimulate the follicles and promote growth. If it stays on your head it isn’t painful but you wouldn’t want to get this stuff in your eyes or near your nether regions while showering. Leave it on for a few minutes but keep your head upright so the suds don't run down your face. 

The last step is the Scalp and Hair Treatment which is color safe. The light foam is supposed to be applied all over the roots but I only use it on the small section I'm treating.

After 8-10 applications the hair in that spot did appear to be growing in thicker but I also experienced intense itching for about 2 weeks. I’ve never suffered from dry scalp or dandruff but after using this system, I spent a lot of time scratching my head which resulted in some irritation. This could have been a side effect of new hair growth but it was quite annoying.

Kit 2 is designed for natural hair and progressed thinning. The shampoo purifies the scalp and the conditioner moisturizes, strengthens and enhances density. The products have the same menthol scent and tingling sensation so the active ingredients are probably similar.


The foam leave-in treatment increases the diameter of each strand and contains UV protection to shield your locks from further damage.

I try not to shampoo my hair too often but for visible results you should stick to the program for at least 2-3 weeks. The more you use it, the thicker your hair will appear but I highly recommend a weekly treatment mask to counteract the drying effects of the shampoo.

Nioxin is available at amazon.ca, Walmart, Chatters Hair Salon, Trade Secrets, Winners (in varying quantities), select salons and online at nioxin.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...