Monday, January 20, 2014

Beauty Box Five Review

Hi everyone, today I am going to review another beauty subscription called Beauty Box Five. I know that there are a lot of monthly subscriptions circulating so hopefully reviews can help you decide which box is right for you if you are interested in joining any of them.


Beauty Box Five is a subscription service that starts at $12 for the monthly box, $30 for the quarterly subscription and $99 dollars for a year. In this box you will receive a mix of luxury items as well as common brands ranging from hair products, skin products, nail products, fragrances and beauty accessories. Usually the box will contain 5 sample products but sometimes there are full size products included. The object of this box is to give you a sense of how a particular product works for you so that you can try out new brands and then purchase whichever ones you like.

The first item is the h2O+ hydrating treatment which is suppose to “deeply hydrate and plump fine lines” making them less noticeable. This product is light blue and has a watery gel consistency. When I tried it I did notice that it slightly smoothed out the texture of my skin so it can be used as a light primer. 


The next item is a pink nail polish by nubar called Hot Pink. As you can see on the front of the bottle it is formaldehyde, phthalate and toluene free. The bottle is ideal for travel and although I already have colors very similar to this, it is a nice bright shade and a great color for spring and summer. nubar is not a brand I have tried before.


I also received this Aveeno daily moisturizing lotion. This cream is dermatologist recommend and contains oatmeal and emollients to provide 24 hours of moisture. I already use many Aveeno products and I like this brand because it is usually very gentle on my skin and great quality. This sample of cream is very tiny and if I tried to use it as a body cream it would probably only be enough for one application. It is however convenient to pop into your purse and use as a hand cream.


The only full size product in the box was this bellapierre eye shadow in the color Tin Man. This shade is a lovely silver which I used in my New Years Eve makeup tutorial. It is a loose shadow that comes with a sifter top and it is very pigmented and blends easily. In the photo below I did not use a primer and the shadow adhered well to the skin and looks great. This was my favorite item in the box.


The last item is this pack of makeup remover pads by Every Beauty which is another brand I had not previously tried. I like that these sheets are 100% natural, suitable for all skin types and contains argan oil extract. They come dry and you are suppose to wet them with a few drops of water before use but I found that I needed a lot more than a few drops to use them. These pads are also alcohol and paraben free and I like that they are non-drying but the individual pads are way to small to remove all of my makeup in one go. These pads were not very effective, they did not remove my eye makeup and I had a difficult time trying to remove my foundation with them. I actually needed to use one of my regular makeup wipes after I used these.


Overall I think the box is okay. If you are someone who hasn't tried many different beauty products and you are looking to experiment and find new brands then this box may be a great option for just $12. I personally like receiving samples and when I find a good product I often buy the full size. I think this box had a good mix of different types of beauty products but some items are quite small.

For more info on Beauty Box Five check out their website by clicking HERE

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of Beauty Box 5. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

9 comments:

  1. Nice review, I love the nail polish and eye shadow.
    Effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. You got a nice box!! The eye shadow shade is really pretty!! So pigmented! (without primer!!!) Tin man - reminds me that movie!!☺ still love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you received very nice things!
    I haven't subscribed to any box.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I would love to be able to subscribe to some of the boxes that are out there, but they don't ship internationally and if they do the price is to high for me to pay :/ The color of the nail polish is very pretty :*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love aveeno products and would love to try out their body cream. also that nail polish color is fun!
    -- jackie @ jade and oak

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm still really divided on sample boxes! We don't have them here in New Zealand but everywhere else they've been a massive hit. While I think they're a really good way to try out new products that you normally wouldn't buy, at the same there are a lot of misses when it comes to these and sometimes I just want something I know is good! I guess it's the thrill of getting it in the mail that makes it so worth it HAHAHA.

    michelleytan.blogspot.co.nz

    ReplyDelete
  7. nice products

    melodyjacob1.blogspot.com
    i am following you, please follow back

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got the same color nail polish that you did! I'm actually wearing it on my toes right now.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...