Friday, September 14, 2018

Stila Stay All Day Liquid Lipstick Review & Must-Have Shades

While working in the beauty industry I’ve amassed more lipstick than any woman could ever use. There are hundreds of beautiful shades in my collection but when asked to pick favorites, Stila always takes the cake.

The Stay All Day liquid formula is rich, dramatic, smooth and vibrant with excellent coverage and reliable durability that outlasts the messiest meals. The incredible color selection is what makes these lippies so addictive! There are stunning shades for every complexion, occasion and style with sheer, shimmer and full-coverage finishes.


If I had to wear one shade of lipstick for the rest of my life, it would probably be Bacca. If you don’t have this amazing pigment in your collection, stop what you’re doing and rectify the situation immediately! The versatile color makes a bold statement day or night, taking your look from boardroom chic to red carpet glam without smudging, smearing or fading for up to 6 hours. The undertone is a unique combination of deep pink, burgundy, and red that looks stunning on everyone! My second favorite shade in the collection is a sexy pink called Lume (I dare you not to fall in love).


I wasn’t a huge fan of the nude lip trend until recently discovering that I could jazz it up with soft shadow and wined liner for a sophisticated “more is less” effect. In the neutral category you have: Sonata (a bit too light for my taste), Portofino (the only shade that doesn’t completely wash me out) and Carmello which is definitely more suitable for fair complexions since it looks like concealer on me.


For fall, Bacca, Paradiso and Chianti are a must! The velvety formula is ultra smooth and highly pigmented for buildable saturation and phenomenal color payoff. You might need a liner for neatness, precision and definition but once dry, the color stays put and amplifies your pout. I prefer the matte formula for its bold vividness but the sheer pigments can be enhanced by layering.


Enriched with nourishing avocado oil, the texture is lightweight, non-sticky and relatively comfortable. The creaminess transforms into a matte lacquer-like finish but my lips remain soft and chap-fee. At the end of a long day, a touch of gloss instantly revives the color and moisture.


Application can get a bit messy when the lipstick collects heavily on the wand but it's a small price to pay for amazing color.

For the holiday season (yes I went there already), try the mesmerizing shimmers! I have the shade Beso (Stila’s popular bombshell red) infused with a multidimensional metallic effect!


The Stay All Day Lipsticks retail for $29.00 each at Sephora, Shoppers Drug Mart and online at stila.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...