Tuesday, April 16, 2019

CeraVe SA Skincare Review

Developing an effective skincare routine involves a lot of trial and error. We read reviews, test samples and try all the latest trends but sometimes success comes from a balance of simple ingredients rather than a $400 miracle cream. Although many people compliment my complexion, it isn’t flawless. With the help of makeup I can cover and conceal but I’d like to have problem-free skin that glows without the help of cosmetics.

Last summer I developed some fine bumps along my jaw and lower cheeks. The usually flare-up in humidity and during travel when my skin is most vulnerable. You can’t really see them unless you get up close but they make my complexion appear uneven, especially when foundation and powder settles on top.

I tried many products designed to smooth and perfect but the bumps were persistent and popped up whenever they pleased. After months of searching for a solution I finally discovered CeraVe and my skin looks better than ever!


I start with the SA Cleanser ($17.99) to dissolve makeup, oil, pollutants and dirt. The formula contains salicylic acid, ceramides and antioxidants that exfoliate without harsh microbeads. The detoxifying lather gently sloughs away rough surface cells, product build-up and blemish causing bacteria that can clog pores. After rinsing, my face feels refreshed and soft without dryness or sticky residue.


The Renewing SA Cream ($24.99) alleviates so many skin ailments that it is often recommended by dermatologists. It deeply moisturizes severe dryness, calms itching, softens roughness and smooths bumpy areas.


The active ingredients include:

*Cetearyl Alcohol (fatty alcohol/emollient derived from plants) – conditions, protects and softens.

*5 Ceramides that replenish natural lipids to help skin retain water, diminish signs of aging, shield from pollution and eliminate bacteria.

*Hyaluronic Acid – absorbs 1,000 times its weight in water to keep skin lubricated and healthy. It also firms, tones and reduces the appearance of wrinkles.

*Salicylic Acid – gently exfoliates rough skin, purifies pores and helps prevent/treat breakouts.  

*Lactic Acid – renews surface cells.

*Niacinamide (Vitamin B3) – improves the appearance of enlarged pores, evens skin tone, brightens and fortifies.

The Cream comes in a large jar and has a rich texture (a little goes a long way). It actually feels more like a lush body cream than a face moisturizer but you can use it everywhere. I apply a thick layer before bed and top it off with a rejuvenating serum to create a supple, non-greasy night mask. Results are not evident until approximately 30 minutes after application when the warmth from my skin melts the ingredients into an ultra-hydrating velvety finish that feels incredible. A thin layer can also be used during the day and under makeup.

I usually experience mild stinging with each application (probably due to all the acids) but the cream does not cause irritation and the sensation disappears within minutes. If you notice tingling, refrain from using the SA Cream after clinical procedures, microdermabrasion or abrasive exfoliation.

No other product has transformed my complexion as quickly as this one. After three weeks the bumps are indistinguishable and my skin is remarkably soft, radiant, replenished, dewy, plump and clear. My makeup looks amazing because my face is so smooth and the regenerating properties have faded blemishes and discoloration. It also seems to prevent dark spots and ingrown hair after waxing, threading, plucking or trimming.


Many people also claim that the SA Cream helps prevent acne. Occasionally I get hormonal pimples that are red and flat (nothing to pop or squeeze). These particular spots cannot be prevented with topical products but the cream seems to fade them much faster. It is also known to eliminate blackheads and whiteheads, heal sun damage, balance oil production and treat symptoms of keratosis pilaris, eczema and psoriasis.

The SA Renewing Lotion ($17.99) contains most of the same ingredients with a lighter consistency. There is no heavy fragrance and it helps smooth bumpy patches no matter where they are – shins, bum, thighs, knees, arms and ashy elbows.

Use it after shaving to prevent razor bumps and ingrown hair along the bikini line. It keeps me hydrated from head-to-toe for 24 hours and works wonders on dry hands, nails and feet. By the time I took these photos the entire bottle was finished!


CeraVe is available at Walmart, Shoppers Drug Mart and online at beauty.shoppersdrugmart.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...