Friday, July 26, 2019

New Eye Shadow Palettes from NYX | Summer 2019 Makeup Trends

NYX Cosmetics is popular among makeup artists, influences and beauty junkies all over the world because the products are good quality, trendy and affordable. I've visited their stores in many countries and while browsing the website there is always something new to discover.


Summer is a great time to experiment with bold color which is why I love the Off Tropic Palette ($24.00). Hasta La Vista is inspired by the heat and hues of island paradise and features 10 bright pigments that make me want to go on a cruise. Most of the shades are matte (which I love) but they’ve also included shimmery gold and satiny blue.


I’ve been looking for bright orange eye shadow for a while and this little palette has an eye-catching array of dramatic color. The peach looks stunning with the bold pink (I’ve been wearing this combo a lot lately) but some shades apply patchy and faint so a good primer and a few layers is highly recommended.

I tested all of the pigments on my eyes (without irritation) before reading the package and discovering that only 4 shades are eye shadow while the other 6 are intended for face and body makeup. It does not specify why they cannot be used around the eyes or if doing so is dangerous but NYX might want to rethink the labeling and marketing of this product.

I also have a few of the Ultimate Shadow Palettes ($22.00) in my collection because they are handy for travel and color coordinated for effortless looks. To create a beautiful smokey eye the Ash compact is a great choice. It has a nice selection of cool tones including silver, blue, deep navy and charcoal. Unfortunately three of the greys are almost identical and the texture is dry. To intensify the effect use a smoothing base and layer well. Once you’ve applied enough, the shadows appear sharp and well pigmented with no creasing and minimal fading.


I don’t know many people who can resist a stunning sunset and for a sultry night out the Phoenix Palette ($22.00) is super sexy with excellent color payoff. The brilliant coral, metallic gold, bright yellow and matte orange look stunning together and I can’t get enough of the rich burgundy.



The Ultimate Edit Petite Palettes ($12.00 ea) are simplified, travel-friendly versions of the Ultimate Palettes with a little less pigmentation. I like the color combos but there is some fallout. The red, coral, yellow gold and plum palette is also called Phoenix. When layered generously the shadows appear quite prominent.

The Warm Neutral Palette is ideal for anyone who likes to keep things simple with a range of classy shimmers and crease defining mattes.


NYX is available at drugstores, freestanding NYX stores and online at nyxcosmetics.ca

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...