Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Province Apothecary Dual-Action Jade Roller Review

After years of reviewing skincare devices I’ve accumulated enough equipment to open my own spa! My drawers are filled with anti-aging radio frequency gadgets, hair removal zappers,  LED face mask machines, various skincare applicators with thermal technology, vibrating eye massagers and more cleansing brushes than I know what to do with.

When jade rollers started gaining popularity I was skeptical. I wasn’t convinced that such a simple gadget could produce visible results but after months of testing I am totally hooked!


You might think all rollers are created equal but they’re not. The Dual-Action design ($44.00) by Province Apothecary has a smooth end to tighten and lift slack skin and a studded roller that energizes and stimulates deep dermal layers. Use it morning and night to maintain suppleness and diminish visible signs of aging, fatigue, pollution and daily aggressors.

The studded roller can also be used to:
*Reduce the look of fine lines and wrinkles
*Plump and soften
*Boost and maintain elasticity
*Improve circulation
*Tone and firm
*Enhance product absorption


The smooth roller:
*Cools and soothes
*Eases muscle tension
*Reduces the appearance of puffiness and under eye bags
*Encourages proper lymphatic function

It is difficult to describe the cumulative effects of daily treatments but in simplified terms - it keeps my complexion and profile radiant, rejuvenated and youthful. For more efficiency, hold the device in your left hand to treat the left side of your face and use your right hand to massage the right side while adjusting pressure and intensity. Initially there was some squeaking but eventually my skincare products lubricated the rollers.


After cleansing and using toner, I apply an antioxidant serum or essence booster and face cream before rolling with the studded side. There are technique instructions on the box but any back and forth kneading motion helps detoxify, tighten, lift, reduce redness and promote blood flow. Follow-up with the smooth side to refresh, soften, cool and invigorate. The jade tends to remove some product so I apply more serum or oil after treatment.

This winter has been extremely cold and dry so I usually complete my routine with a hydrating vitamin mist to lock in nutrients before turning on my Clean Mist Humidifier for a dewy glow.

If you’re thinking of purchasing one of these handy little beauty tools this model is definitely more advanced than the rollers with 2 smooth ends. The only thing that would make it even better is a small interchangeable roller for under the eyes and a carrying case for travel.

Province Apothecary is available at Shoppers Drug Mart and provinceapothecary.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...