Friday, May 3, 2019

Rejuvenate and Nourish Dry, Aging Skin | Biotherm Life Plankton Elixir and Blue Therapy Accelerated Cream

My family loves Biotherm so when I heard they had formulated a new regenerating elixir I just had to try it! The Life Plankton Collection is my husband’s favorite (he finished his Essence Treatment and started using mine). If you haven’t discovered the benefits of these products let me take you back in time to a land of ancient healing springs deep in the French Pyrenees Mountains.

Millions of years ago revitalizing water was discovered deep within the mountain caves and locals used it to heal injured soldiers and rejuvenate brides before their wedding day. In 1950 the secret was finally revealed to the world and Biotherm successfully harnessed the water’s transformative powers.


Life Plankton (also referred to as “the fountain of youth”) contains 35 nutrients that encourage cell multiplication and renewal so skin appears “born again.” The Elixir ($90.00) is a highly concentrated aquatic complex that visibly improves signs of aging and corrects environmental damage.

To help the formula absorb deeper, I cleanse with my Smart Profile or Mia Smart using the Sonic Exfoliator Brush ($49.00) which works with all Clarisonic Devices. Just pop it on and start buffing away dead skin and roughness to minimize pores, improve cell turnover, enhance radiance and soften.


It also treats dullness, congestion and discoloration with flexible elastomer bristles and an outer ring of textured scrubbers. My face is quite sensitive to exfoliation so I only use the brush once or twice a week for about 60 seconds.

Clarisonic is available at: Shoppers drug Mart, The Bay, Nordstrom, Saks and clarisonic.ca

After preparing my skin I apply the Elixir as the first step in my routine (kind of like a non-sticky replenishing booster). It absorbs instantly and can be used around the eyes and mouth to smooth fine lines, wrinkles and dry patches. With repeated application, skin will begin to appear firm, plump and healthy. If you have pimples or bumps, it helps soften uneven texture while locking-in moisture so your other products work more efficiently. For me, results are most evident in the morning after a good night’s sleep.


For a dewy glow and even more moisture, layer the Elixir with the Blue Therapy Accelerated Cream ($89.00). The formula is infused with:

*Glacial water

*Alaria Esculenta (an extract derived from brown algae) – Stimulates hyaluronic acid synthesis, reinforces epidermal lipids for long-lasting hydration, preserves skin elasticity, prevents collagen loss, neutralizes inflammation, eliminates free radicals and boosts cell metabolism.

*Life Plankton – Contains amino acids, glucids, lipids and trace elements that revive the skin’s vital functions.


After a long day at work I love coming home, cleansing my face and applying this cool, refreshing gel cream. It melts in effortlessly, smells wonderful (albeit a little strong) and leaves my face feeling nourished, supple and balanced. After a few weeks my complexion is definitely clearer and I’ve experienced less redness, irritation, itching and dryness.

Biotherm is available at Shoppers Drug Mart, The Bay, Rexall, Sephora and online at biotherm.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...