Saturday, March 15, 2014

Born Pretty Eye Shadow and Blush Palette

Born Pretty is a store I have come across on many beauty blogs and one that I have browsed in the past. The online store sells many nail and makeup items and reminds me of a mini Amazon store for beauty! Their website has a great variety of eye shadow palettes and makeup brushes so I was interested in trying some of their products.

I have been in the market for a blush palette for some time now so when I saw this beautiful blush and eye shadow palette on Born Pretty I knew I just had to have it!


Shipping, Packaging & Cost
Shipping took a couple of weeks but the palette was well packaged to prevent damage. This palette is called The 42 Sweety eye shadow and blush combo palette. The shadows come with 2 dual sponge applicators and the shadow palette sits on top of the blush palette in one case. It retails for $25.11 on the website right now but the price may vary.
Eye Shadow Palette
First let’s talk about the bold colors. When I opened the simple black palette with no brand name on it I was pleasantly surprised at how saturated the colors looked. This palette has 32 colors ranging from blue, red, pink, brown, purple, yellow, orange and more. I like that there is a mixture of shimmer and matte finishes that compliment each other nicely.


Many of the palettes that are sold on Born Pretty remind me of dupes for the the Coastal Scents or Bh Cosmetics palettes (which I love). These shadows are non-chalky and the pigmentation is good. I recently took this palette on my trip to L.A  because the variety of blush and eye shadows in one compact case is ideal for travel.

There are not many neutral shades in the palette except for some brown and taupe but you can build the colors up or down depending on how much pigmentation you prefer. I also like that they included a matte black which is always useful to have in a palette for darkening other colors, smokey looks and to use as an eyeliner
Here are a few swatches to show how vibrant the colors appear

The quality is rather good for the price and used with a shadow primer they look pretty on the skin. There are quite a few repeating colors in this palette, some of the shades are so similar that they could be dupes for each other. It would have been nice to have a bit more variation in the color gradient. 


Here is a look I did using this palette. I decided to refrain from using the brighter colors and create a look using shades that most people would be comfortable wearing. The colors are not labelled but if you have this palette or decide to get this palette I will list what colors I used below.

*Lid color- (bronze/pink) row 3, third color from the left
*Crease color #1- (deep brown), row 2 first color from the left
*Crease color #2 transition color (applied between 1st crease color and brow bone)- (pink/taupe) row 1 second color from the left
*Crease color #3- (black) row 3, last color in the row
*Brow bone highlight- (white), first color row 1.


Blush Palette
The blush palette is better than I expected! Unlike other palettes I have considered purchasing, all the shades in this palette are usable and there are 10 full sized colors.

There are light pink shades, bronze, berry shades, orange and dark pink. Some of the colors have a bit of shimmer and others are completely matte. The shades and the finishes in this palette are a beautiful combination. I have been on the hunt for a pretty orange toned blush and the one in this palette is exactly that!

The bronze/gold shade is a very nice highlight when applied to the cheekbones and you can even use some of the darker hues as eye shadow because they have good pigmentation.

These blushes are easy to build up so you can use a slight wash of color or go darker for bold looks. For the swatches below I used quite a bit of color and blended them slightly with my finger to demonstrate how well they show up on the skin and how saturated they can get; on the face however you would use them more sparingly.


Overall I am very pleased with this palette and I think it is good quality and a good price. You can find this particular palette by clicking HERE I am looking forward to trying some more items from this site.

Born Pretty is offering 10% off your purchase if you use the code EDH10 
( Disclaimer: I am not being financially compensated for any purchases made from Born Pretty.com)
They offer FREE worldwide shipping and they ship within 24 hours



If you would like to browse the site and see what other items the store has to offer you find the website at: BornPretty.Com 

**Disclaimer: These products were provided to me for a sponsored review courtesy of  Born Pretty. All opinions stated in this review are my own and based on my experience with the products. Results may vary based on individual use.**

5 comments:

  1. I love their products! I like your eye make up!
    Have a nice weekend!

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Look at all those eye colors! I think it's nice that there was a mix of the matte and shimmer. I've never bought Born Pretty products before, but I've seen the brand on many blogs lately. Thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just now noticed that you're on tumblr, so - of course - I'm following you there now too. =0)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've tried a few products from Born Pretty now and I've always been impressed with their quality considering their products are all so affordable. That blush palettes is so pretty xx

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...