Tuesday, March 4, 2014

The Makeup Show L.A

The Makeup Show took place in Los Angeles California last weekend in the hub of the fashion and beauty district downtown. I also attended the blogger preview show organized for a small gathering of people involved in the industry.


For those who do not know what the makeup show is about, it is "the largest pro-driven event on the West Coast." It is a 2 day event “dedicated to artistry, community, inspiration and education.”  

The Makeup Show L.A featured over 75 beauty brands, 7 keynote speakers, 20 seminars, 8 hands-on workshops and 13 Artist Kit Building Sessions. A few of the brands at the show included: MAKE UP FOR EVER, Crown Brush, Temptu PRO, NARS,  Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics, Smashbox, Ruby Makeup Academy, Pinnacle Cosmetics, The Power Group and On Makeup Magazine

This year I was given the wonderful opportunity to attend the show as a part of the Press.


Many brands showcased their new products and collections at the show. Makeup For Ever, which is a brand I love debuted their HD pressed powder and HD blush which I will review shortly.


Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics also showcased their Plastic Passion collection for spring!

I had a great time hobnobbing with the owners and creators of some of the best beauty brands in the market. I was also introduced to many new companies and had fun experimenting with brilliant colors. By the time I left the show my arms were covered in gels, powders, creams and glitter!




Due to the excellent discounts it was a great time to shop, replenish professional kits and try new items. Although the booths were teeming with makeup enthusiasts I was able to network, meet some wonderful people and gather information from brand owners. I also found many new and innovative products I plan to try and review.





The seminars were great educational opportunities to learn the tricks of the trade from experts and stay up to date on all things beauty. I was also invited to attend an event by Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics for the launch of their Plastic Passion collection but I had to fly back to Toronto before the event.

The women in L.A seem to share my obsession for makeup and even outside of The Makeup Show I engaged in some interesting makeup chat. I look forward to attending another Makeup Show in the future, it was skilfully organized and an enjoyable experience.

*Special thanks to: Melody O'Flaherty, James Vincent (Director of Artistry for the Makeup Show) and everyone else who worked on this event and made it possible.

13 comments:

  1. looks like an awesome event. Did you manage to haul on some goodies?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a ton of goodies from the blogger preview show plus I purchased some and I bought some while in LA outside of the show. I will have lots of reviews coming up!

      Delete
  2. Wow! Looks like a great show. I'm wondering what you tried while there, and what your favorite booth was?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hmm that is a hard one since the booths were all so good! I tried lots of glitter products, multi-use products like eye shadows that can be used as blush and lipstick by mixing them with other products. I loved the products by Gleam which is a highlight product used on Dancing With The Stars.

      Delete
  3. Amazing opportunity, sounds like both a fun and educational experience. Would love to attend some day :) x

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful opportunity!! I bet you were in heaven with all those new products. I can't wait to see your reviews from what you picked up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the wonderful opportunity! :D Makeup HEAVEN! :D I would love to be able to go to such an awesome event, we had one last year, but it was sad haha :)))

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to go to a similar event!
    I would leave exhausted and with no money!

    Thank you so much for clicking on my last post! Let me know whenever I can help you too.

    http://www.beautyandthemist.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Erica! It looks as if you had a wonderful time! I would love the opportunity to go to one of these events. Sorry about the weather not working out for ya.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my god that is like a make up heaven.. thanks fr sharing Erica.. hv a nice day xo
    I would appreciate if u chk out my latest post too.. Thank u <3
    http://natashabhatt.blogspot.in/2014/03/coloressence-llipstick-in-ruby-rust.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ah what an amazing experience!!! To be honest, I'd never heard of the show, but it sounds like something I would thoroughly enjoy. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've always wanted to go to a makeup show! I'd probably explode from seeing that much makeup in one place!! lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...