Sunday, March 2, 2014

The Makeup Show L.A Blogger Preview Show

The Makeup Show L.A was held this weekend so I left the cold, icy streets of Toronto and jetted off to L.A for the first time! I have always wanted to visit California and what better excuse than a makeup show and Oscar weekend!

I dragged my hubby along for the ride and after a 6 hour flight our plane finally hit the tarmac. After being awake since 5 am we stumbled off, jet lagged and zombie-like and despite expecting “sunny L.A.” we were welcomed by a forecast of overcasts skies and rain. Nevertheless I was in L.A for 5 days so I was going to make the most of it!

I was invited to the Blogger Preview show on Friday March 28th prior to the opening of The Makeup Show. It was held at The California Market Center in the hub of the fashion and beauty industry in downtown L.A

As I made my way up to the penthouse suite I was excited to get a sneak peek of all the new products that would be revealed at the show.

Patone's color of the year, radiant orchid was seen among many brands. I love this color and the varying tones of purple orchid.


As the vendor booths were being constructed in the background Pro-Makeup artist James Vincent gave us a breakdown of the wonderful products, keynote speakers and great brands. The Press kit provided was very generous and some of the items were things I did not yet have in my collection.



Brands in the Press kit included:
*Zuca (makeup bag)
*T3 (makeup bag)
*Gorgeous Cosmetics (mascara)
*Kevyn Aucoin (eye shadow duo and liquid patent lip)
*Crown Brushes (makeup brush travel kit, tweezers, lash curler)
*Parian Spirit (professional makeup brush cleaner)
*Senna (liquid eye liner)
*Embryolisse Laboratories (makeup remover)
*Bdellium Tools (all purpose blusher brush)
*Jour (mattyfying face balm, lip and cheek tint and nude gloss)
*Vibe (water based body paint)
*Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics (matte lip tars)
*Make Up Forever (pressed HD powder and HD blush)
*Cailyn (gel eye liner)
*Smashbox (eye liner and 3D eye liner)
*NARS (face highlight and bronzer)
*On Makeup Magazine
*Fantabulash

We were also given a tour of a special gallery that showcased the life and work of world famous makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin. Kevyn was the artist behind many established celebs such as Madonna, Cher, Janet Jackson, Cindy Crawford, Tina Turner, Gwyneth Paltrow and many more! The preview was followed up with cocktails and finger foods.

I will have reviews on many of the items I received and purchased at the show coming up soon!

I finished off a wonderful evening surrounded by beautiful makeup by having a quiet dinner with my husband at California Pizza Kitchen. The food was very tasty.



Stay tuned for upcoming photos of my tour through L.A plus my evening at the Makeup Show!

5 comments:

  1. Awww lucky you! Hope you had a great time. More pics pls..lol
    effortlesslady.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't forget that Fantabulash was in the swag bag!! It's one of the newest and greatest invention;) xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing! Sounds like you had a great time - and that swag bag is incredible! Can't wait for the upcoming reviews! :)

    www.natalielovesbeauty.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...