Monday, October 15, 2018

Kerastase Resistance Extentioniste Collection Review

There are many factors that can affect the health of your hair including heat styling, environmental aggressors, hair color and improper care. My hair care regiment includes a balanced diet, multi-vitamins, thermal protection and avoiding harsh chemicals. I’ve also incorporated the new Kerastase Resistance Extentioniste Collection - formulated to heal and rebuild weak over processed strands. Although my hair is healthy, I use reparative products to nourish and maintain length. As a step-by-step treatment, Extentioniste helps prevent breakage and split-ends to improve resiliency.


Before lathering-up I apply the Resistance Soin Premier Therapiste Pre-Shampoo Conditioner ($48.00) to prime and protect during shampooing. Think of it as a fortifying barrier that prevents cleansers from stripping away too much moisture.


The Shampoo ($67.00) smells amazing and transforms into a rich foam that thoroughly eliminates oil, impurities, product build-up, dust and dirt. Usually I only lather my scalp and let the bubbles trickle down to avoid drying out my ends but with this gentle formula I can lather, rinse and repeat from root to tip and my hair actually feels softer after cleansing. Most of the Kerastase shampoos maintain the integrity of the cuticle so hair feel supple and light instead of brittle and squeaky clean.

The Fondant Extentioniste Conditioner ($48.00) detangles and strengthens slow growing damaged lengths with a powerful fusion of Creatin, Ceramides and Maelic Acid. The small particles penetrate, reinforce and seal cuticles with a uniform coating that protects against heat styling and extreme weather. I love how the lush texture envelops each strand to soften, smooth and hydrate. It revives the bounce in my curls and doubles as a deep conditioner if you leave it on longer.


I always stress the importance of monthly hair treatments because they effectively restore brilliance, moisturize and improve texture. Resistance Masque Extentioniste ($65.00) contains the same active ingredients as the conditioner with a richer cream that mends and restores from the inside out. The directions recommend that you leave it on for 5-10 minutes but for lasting results I need at least 1-2 hours. Apply it before blow drying and flat ironing for silky tendrils.


The Scalp and Hair Leave-In Serum ($57.00) can be massaged in to stimulate circulation and promote healthy growth. It also seals ends to prevent splits and breakage. I usually apply it on damp hair before styling and it absorbs quickly with no stickiness or residue. Use it mid-week to refresh and perfume your scalp (it smells wonderful).


For more great products, holiday gift sets or retail information, visit kerastase.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...