Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Silk’n Silhouette Body Contouring and Cellulite Reduction Device Review

Today I'm addressing a topic that many people find embarrassing and downright depressing. It is estimated that 90% of women will develop cellulite at some point in their lives and exercise alone is not enough to cure the underlying cause of rippled skin. If you are experiencing unsightly dimples just remember, you’re not alone and cellulite does not discriminate. It affects women of all ages, ethnicities and body types - thin, thick, tall and short.

What Causes Cellulite
Cellulite tends to worsen with age as connective tissue slackens and fat cells push their way to the surface creating an uneven appearance. Before resorting to painful clinical procedures or extreme dieting, try the Silk’n Silhouette Body Contouring Device ($289.00) to help whip puckered skin back into shape!


It is important to remember that cellulite can be caused by a number of factors including: diet, lifestyle choices, genetics (if your mom has it you are more likely to develop it), aging and hormones. Although fit women also suffer from cellulite, strength training and regular exercise helps reduce the number of fat cells in the body which may results in leaner extremities and less bulging.

How Silk’n Silhouette Body Contouring Works
The Silk’n Silhouette provides effective clinical reshaping treatments from the comfort of home with no down time. The device is easy to use and ergonomically designed to fit comfortably in the hand for optimal maneuverability.


It works by merging 3 powerful but gentle energy sources:
*Bipolar Radio frequency – penetrates deep into the tissue and projects heat to stimulate collagen and eliminate fat cells.
*LED Light Therapy – rejuvenates, restores and triggers cell renewal.
*Infrared Heat Energy – increases circulation to improve tone, texture and structure.

By penetrating and heating the epidermis from the surface deep into the subdermal fat, skin begins to appear firm, tight and smooth. Use the device to treat common problem areas (thighs, butt, stomach and upper arms) for 10-20 minutes twice a week for at least 10 weeks and then once every two weeks for maintenance.


How to use Silk’n Silhouette
Like many Silkn’ products, the Silhouette can only be activated with a slider gel to help the plates glide across the skin. To get the most from my treatments, I prefer to use cellulite gel creams that moisturize and smooth with active ingredients. My favorites are the Clarins Body Fit Anti-Cellulite Contouring Expert ($68.00) formulated with essential oils that lift and reshape. I also like Mary Kay’s Timewise Body ($38.00) to soften and reduce imperfections.


Apply a layer of cellulite cream to clean dry skin, plug in the device and start at level 1 before increasing the intensity. There are 3 modes that you can switch between to customize your treatment for different areas of the body. Move the plates slowly and gently across the skin alternating between vertical and circular motions to boost the lymphatic system.

The treatment feels warm and relaxing but don’t press too hard. I made the mistake of vigorously over massaging during my first session and my thighs felt sore afterwards. For best results remember to use the Silhouette continuously over several weeks for visible results and stay dedicated to prevent the skin from reverting.

My Results
Although I don’t have severe cellulite, dimples or rippling, I began using the Silhouette because I’ve noticed that my inner thighs are not as toned as they once were. My goal was to tighten the flesh, improve texture and keep underlying fat cells from becoming a real problem.

After weeks of using the device (and altering my diet) I’ve definitely noticed a tightening effect and an improvement in the shape of my legs. My results gave me the confidence to wear miniskirts again without worrying about how my thighs look when I sit down. I hope to prevent long-term collagen loss by keeping my problem areas in tip-top shape.

The Silk'n Silhouette is available at Shoppers Drug Mart, beauty.shoppersdrugmart.ca, London Drugs and silkn.ca.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...