Thursday, October 18, 2018

Egyptian Queen Halloween Makeup

The Pumpkins are carved, the house is decorated and I'm trying not to eat all the candy before the tick-or-treaters arrive. Tonight I'm attending the NYX Cosmetics Halloween Party so I've created a simple yet dramatic Egyptian Queen look that I will also be wearing to a couple other ghoulish events.

Coincidentally, “Erica” means eternal ruler and I’ve been captivated by Ancient Egypt since grade 5. Maybe one day I will visit the pyramids and explore the museums in Cairo but for now I’ll settle for cocktails, delicious food and a spook-tacular night with the girls....you're allowed to be corny on Halloween.

I found the accessories for this theme at Party City and it is quite easy to make your own costume. The beaded necklace inspired my color choice and bold eyeliner is a must when channeling your inner goddess.

Since my hair is long and black I don't need a wig but a headband or hair jewelry adds the perfect finishing touch.


If you’d like to recreate this look I've listed the products and shades below. The great thing about Halloween makeup is that there is no right or wrong. Just have fun and unleash your inner artist. 

Eyes
Brows: NYX Brow Gel (Espresso) and Vasanti Brow Powder Pencil (Dark Brown)
Primer: Urban Decay Primer Potion (lots of it)
Crease: Sleek Makeup Nautical Palette (light blue)
Eyelids: inner lid - Estee Edit Gritty Eye Palette (gold), mid lid - Silk Naturals Eye Shadow (Ruffian), outer lid - Silk Naturals Shadow (Paranormal)
Brow bone highlight: Urban Decay Naked Heat Palette (Chaser)
Eyeliner: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide On Eye Pencil (Black Market), ELF Liquid Eyeliner (Black)
Mascara: YSL Vinyl Couture and It Cosmetics Superhero Mascara (my current fave!)

Face:
Primer: Smashbox Photo Finish
Under Eye Concealers: Rodial Heavy Duty Foundation Paste and MAC Pro Longwear (NC 45)
Face concealer: MAC Prolongwear
Powder: MAC Studio Fix Powder NC 45
Highlight: Stila Heaven’s Hue (Kitten)

Lips:
NYX Cosmic Metals Lip Cream (Speed of Light)


Happy Halloween!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...