Monday, January 25, 2016

Nip + Fab Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix and Dragon’s Blood Plumping Serum Review

Some of you may have glanced at the title of this post and decided to reread it a couple of times for clarification. You are probably wondering why I’m talking about dragon’s blood and venom and it doesn’t have anything to do with Game of Thrones. 

Recently I’ve been testing a couple of skincare products from Nip + Fab. This is the first time I’ve used the brand and admittedly the odd names peaked my curiosity. I already use products with bee venom so kicking it up a notch to viper and dragon seems like the obvious next step! All joking aside I’ve been enjoying these skin enhancing formulas and the much needed boost of moisture!


If you appreciate a good face mask then The Viper Venom Extreme Night Fix may be for you! Since I’ve been using it I have noticed that my facial contour appears a bit firmer but not in an unnatural, (I just had a little work done) kind of way. Since my skin isn’t showing signs of aging yet (thank goodness) my results are similar to a total rejuvenation treatment. The formula brightens the complexion, awakens tired looking skin and refreshes for a healthy, radiant finish.

The name Viper Vemon comes from the addition of SYN®-AKE Peptide which is known to banish wrinkles as effectively as face freezing injections. In fact this nifty little peptide is considered by some to be an alternative to botox because it replicates the Malaysian Templar Viper’s venom to diminish wrinkles, fine lines, crow’s feet and other signs of aging. Unlike botox injections however your face won’t actually appear stiff and unmoving. It works and feels like most night masks but with an extra blast of potency for anti-aging benefits. I can’t attest to the reduction of wrinkles as I don’t have any but I did a little digging on the internet and the consensus seems to be positive.


The mask has a refreshing gel consistency, absorbs quickly and coats the face efficiently. I also like that it locks in moisture to hydrate without being greasy although I usually layer it with a bit of serum or moisturizer for more hydration.

One thing I found a bit strange was that the jar wasn’t full. It looked half-full when I opened it so they could definitely add a bit more product. The formula also contains hyaluronic acid and retinol which has great anti-aging benefits and can help improve the appearance of blemishes. The mask retails for $19.95 U.S.

The Nip + Fab Dragon’s Blood Fix Plumping Serum is just want my face needs this winter as I battle dryness. The name “Dragon’s Blood” sounds a lot scarier than it is and don’t worry we aren’t talking about actual blood or collecting secretions from a Komodo dragon. The sinister sounding ingredient is really an extract from the Croton Lechleri tree (aka “dragon bloods tree”) which secretes red sap. The extract is used to help protect skin cells, reduce redness, swelling and other bacterial, viral and fungal conditions. It is also known to help heal tissue (cuts, wounds, burns, stings, rashes and sores).

With this serum winter and dry skin doesn’t stand a chance and it is ideal for use during the summer to help protect against environmental damage. I also noticed that the hormonal pimples I occasionally get don't occur as frequently since I began using this.  


The formula also contains velvet flower and hyaluronic acid to plump, smooth, intensely hydrate and reduce wrinkles. The serum retails for $19.95.

You can find Nip + Fab products at Shoppers Drug Mart, Target and online by clicking HERE

1 comment:

  1. Wow, never heard of these products. I will definitely look out for them. Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment. I love hearing from all of my amazing readers. Have a wonderful day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...